halloween pt. 2 || ch. 6

Holy shit!" Janis exclaims as you enter her basement from the backyard. "That was your matching costume with Regina?"

"Yeah," you laugh, "I'm a magician; she's a bunny." You explain.

Janis and Damian share a look.

"What?" You ask, plopping down next to Janis on the couch.

"Nothing, nothing." Damian murmurs, sitting on an air mattress on the floor.

You narrow your eyes at him.

"Not the crazy eyes, girl, put those away." He laughs.

"I think it's cute, see, look at these pictures we took." You say flashing your new lock screen at the duo.

"Oh my god, the lock screen?!" Janis says, exasperated. "You're hopeless."

"She's my best friend!" You argue.

"Still weird to hear," Janis mumbles, while Damian says, "It's okay, girl, we've all been there, us gays have to stick together."

The basement is silent for a second, Janis and Damian seemingly waiting to see your response.

"Okaaay, sure." You say with your brows furrowed, confused.

"Bitch, what do you mean "sure" are you gay or not?" Damian asks.

You chuckle. "I really can't believe you guys are asking me that!" You giggle.

"Okay, you are literally not answering the question." Janis points out.

"Duh, I am!" You confirm.

"Okay, nuh-uh with the duh, stuff. How the hell were we supposed to know for sure? We've been questioning this for weeks?"  Damian asks.

You blink at them a few times. You had seriously thought that the other gay people would have noticed.

"Well, softball player," You start.

"That is a stereotype." Janis cuts in. You give her a look that is meant to convey "seriously?"

"Stereotypes exist for a reason, Janis." You argue.

"AND I feel like I am constantly talking about hot female celebrities," you add.

"Most girls find women celebrities hot!" Damian says.

You roll your eyes. "I literally colored my shoes with sharpies to be the color of the lesbian flag! You complimented them, Janis! I have the flag up in my room!" You're basically yelling at this point.

"I've never been in your room! I seriously don't know how I missed the shoes, though." She mumbles, looking at the converse on your feet, which do indeed have the logo colored.

"Does Regina know all this?" Damian asks, eyebrows raised.

"I mean, as you can tell," You emphasize, "I don't go around telling people all the time, but she's been in my room, so yeah, probably. Unless she's been living under a rock." You reveal.

"Did she say anything about it?" Janis asks.

"Nope. Just how I like it." You say.

"Did she act any differently after she saw it?" She doubles down.

You can tell that this is about what happened between Janis and Regina a few years ago.

"Look, I'm really sorry about what she did to you, truly. But I really believe that she's changed since then. She has not treated me differently at all, I really don't think she cares." You implore.

"Yeah, I know she has, it's just still hard for me to believe." Janis sighs.

There's a brief silence in the basement.