6

when they got back to the school, the sun had already started setting.

they were all ready to go back home but coach had other ideas.

"where do you think you're going, the gym is still dirty, clean it up" he told everyone and clapped his hands to get everyone moving.

all the tired players groaned and shuffled their feet all the way to the gym.

y/n picked up a stray volleyball from the floor and started tossing it from one hand to the other, cleaning was boring.

"your head is heavy" kuroo walked up to her, making a whole show of massaging his shoulder.

"yeah it's cuz my brain isn't small like yours" y/n said, concentrating on the ball and then she threw it like a basketball, aiming for the ball cart.

kuroo caught the ball while it was in mid air so it never reached the cart.

"you and me, after practice, two on two. get whoever you want" he told her and threw the ball into the cart.

"you really that desperate for the score to turn 16-15?" y/n tilted her head in amusement.

"only if you want" he grinned and walked away.

huh?

y/n saw him go up to kenma and say something to which the pudding haired boy furiously shook his head.

then kuroo proceeded to talk using his hands.

looks exactly like those sports promotors trying to get people to participate in games, y/n thought.

she shrugged and left to find kazumi.

"kazu kazu mi mi~" she skipped across the gym as she spotted her friend.

"yes my love?" kazumi looked up.

"ugh i hate you and your cute lil nicknames" y/n dramatically put a hand on her chest.

kazumi rolled her eyes, "so we need a not cute nickname. how about my bitch?"

"ill make out with you right here in front of everyone deadass" y/n looked at her seriously.

"got it" kazumi nodded, "what did you need?"

"oh yeah, can you set for me? kuroo and i are having a two on two after practice" y/n asked, pulling at her lip.

she had this habit of picking at her lips till they bled. it was painful but satisfying. and she liked the taste of blood.

"stop harassing your lips" the captain lightly smacked y/n's hand away from her lips, "honestly you should just go 1v1"

"and why would we do that?"

"because I'm tired and it'll be fun to see how it plays out" kazumi grinned mischievously.

"for you" y/n rolled her eyes, "come on mizuka, it won't be long"

"don't call me that, and ill only do it if you promise not to practice extra after that and go straight home"

"aw what's wrong with extra practice?"

"i'll tell you what's wrong, some day you'll overwork yourself and drop dead"

"i wouldn't mind that to be honest"

"i would. how will we win nationals without you?"

"how mean, is that all you care about?" y/n feigned a hurt expression which earned her a playful punch from kazumi.

"just promise to take care of yourself"

"promise" y/n pinched her neck solemnly.

so kuroo met with y/n and kazumi after practice.

an annoyed looking kenma dragged his feet to the three of them. 

"i want the game delivered to my house by monday" he said, looking at kuroo.

"ill deliver it myself" the latter said in all seriousness.

"id prefer if you didn't show your face" kenma said.

kuroo rolled his eyes with a amused look on his face and turned to y/n.

"imagine having to bribe your setter" the girl snickered.

kuroo's smile was replaced by a smirk but kazumi interrupted before he could say a word.

"yes we get it, now he says something back and you two have a stare off till one of you looks away and then you pretend like you never looked into each others eyes for a solid minute and make some sassy comment. can we skip that part?"

kenma snorted and nodded in approval

"you're so dramatic kazumi" kuroo looked at her with a look that said shut up before i make you

kazumi gave no fucks. she looked right back at him with an equally challenging expression.

y/n gagged but got into position without a word, kuroo followed suit and the 2v2 began.