13

"i always thought kuroo would be a black cat if he ever turned into one, white is unexpected" kazumi whistled when y/n entered the gym holding miso.

"why would i be holding him if he were kuroo?" y/n said with a disgusted expression.

"why would i let her hold me if i were the cat?" kuroo asked with an equally disgusted look, stepping into the gym next to y/n.

"why would he even turn into a cat?" yaku deadpanned.

miso hissed at kuroo and cuddled into y/n's chest.

kuroo bent so he was eye level with him, "what was that for?"

miso hissed in his face again.

"he doesn't like you, 's all with good reason" y/n said, proudly stroking the cat's back.

"yeah and he's got all the reason in the world to like you, his catnapper"

"see for yourself" y/n nodded at the cat who was purring in her arms, ready to dose off.

"whatever, i don't like him either" kuroo rolled his eyes.

"aww you jealous? you wanna be squished up against my boobs too?" y/n hugged miso tightly.

"if you want me that bad just say it" kuroo smiled.

"you wish"

"everyday"

and with that he walked off towards the court, leaving a confused y/n behind.

kazumi walked up to her, and her expression brightened

"this is miso by the way, he's my friend now" she showed kazumi the cat sleeping in her arms.

"i'm assuming he's going home with you too?"

"i mean i didn't see his mom anywhere and he looked pretty lost, i'll just let him look around and see if he likes the garden better or the inside of the house"

kazumi scratched miso's jaw and he purred contentedly.

coach blew his whistle for everyone to assemble and start practice.

y/n figured her feet were fine so she could take laps of the field atleast. she put a sleeping miso down on the bleachers and went out to jog, praying to god she'd find him right where she left him.

cuz if she didn't, that would be sad.

a good long jog later, y/n re-entered the gym to find miso still peacefully sleeping on the bleachers and the player's practising.

"ill head home now coach!" she called out to coach and he nodded.

so y/n picked miso up and walked out of the gym after waving a small goodbye to kazumi.

was she going to head home?

no

her finger was pretty fine now, so she decided to grab a volleyball from the gym before leaving and headed to the park near her house.

she put miso down on the swing and began setting the ball to herself. out of the corner of her eye she could see miso had hopped off the swing and was walking around.

hours passed with y/n hitting the ball against the wall, petting miso and dramatically fake crying when he tried to nip her hand.

she was currently in the middle of a fabricated argument with herself (she was winning) when she heard her phone ding.

notification centre

class teacher
class 3-1
good evening all, group project partners as listed:
1) l/n and kuroo... read more

y/n stared at the screen for half a minute and then furiously opened her contacts and pressed kazumi's name.

"THIS BITCH HAS TO BE KIDDING" she yelled into the phone as soon as the latter picked up.

"word. which bitch by the way?"

"my class teacher kazumi, my class teacher" y/n rubbed her forehead.

"no way you used the government name for once. what did she do?"

"SHES PUT ME WITH THAT STUPID KUROO FOR THE GROUP PROJECT"

there was a pause which made y/n check if kazumi was still on call and then she heard maniacal laughter from the other end.

y/n sighed, "you're no help you know that?"

"don't bite your lip" kazumi reprimanded.

"what the fuck, you can't even see me"

"i can hear you doing it"

then it was silent for a bit, before kazumi started laughing again making y/n groan.

"it's not that funny"

"how do you keep getting into these typical situations with kuroo?" kazumi wheezed.

y/n rolled her eyes and cut the call.

she began setting the ball to herself again. the sky was getting darker and it was getting harder to see, the ball kept slipping and hitting her on the face.

she thought about the project thing, maybe she could just do the whole thing by herself, that's pretty much what she'd done all her life whenever she was put into a group for a project.

but then again-

ow

the ball slipped again and landed on her face, making her take a few steps backwards while rubbing her nose.

miso decided he wanted to identify as an orange cat and ran full speed between y/n's feet, feral and unhinged.

perfect timing miso, perfect timing, y/n thought as she lost balance and stumbled backwards.

she just accepted her fate and decided she would take the fall. momma didn't raise no pussy.

she squeezed her eyes shut, mentally laughing at her situation.

what if i bust my head and bleed out here and nobody will find out till its too late and then ill die

but a strong arm caught her waist right in time, another made its way to her hand.

she opened one eye to look at her knight in shining armour and then grimaced when she found kuroo looking down at her with an amused expression.

"don't fall for me so soon sweetheart, i like the chase" he purred and helped her back on her feet without letting go of her hand.

"tch" she rolled her eyes in disgust and dusted her shoulder, "that's the lamest thing i've ever heard"

"how's your finger?" he asked, lifting her hand that he was holding up to eye level and inspecting it.

"none of your business" she childishly retorted and pulled her hand away.

"it is my business actually, how are you gonna do your part for the group project we're on?"

"ill manage"

"i doubt that"

"you doubt a lot of things"

"yeah? like what?" he tilted his head and adjusted the strap of his bag on his shoulder.

"like how deadass i'm being when i tell you i'm gonna kick you where the sun don't shine"

"ah i didn't deserve that" he looked at her with a small smirk, "still hurts though, you mind kissing it better?"

"very much"

"well that sucks, i'll see you at your place on the weekend" he flicked her forehead and walked off.

"wha-"

"for the group project, but if you wanna kiss me better we can do that too" he yelled without looking back, leaving y/n in the park.

miso jumped off the swing and climbed up onto y/n's leg and jumped onto the ground like a sugar glider.

"don't make me regret adopting you" y/n murmured, looking at him now chasing his own tail.