20

"you're gonna practice more?" kazumi looked at y/n in disbelief as she dried her hair post shower.

"yeah"

"girl you're gonna drop dead"

"im not" y/n rolled her eyes and waved kazumi off.

"take an energy drink atleast, or glucose?" kazumi called after her as y/n walked out but she got no response so she shook her head and went to lay down on the bed.

y/n on the other hand walked with a skip in her step, humming the tune to kingdom dance from tangled.

then someone covered her eyes from behind.

what the fuck?

she hooked her leg around the persons, about to judo flip whoever it was but he spoke before that could happen, "easy now"

that voice ew

"what?" she snapped at kuroo, his hands were still covering her eyes.

"knock knock" he spoke, she could practically hear the smile in his voice.

"come in"

"wrong answer y/n, try again, knock knock"

she groaned, "ugh who's there"

"howl"

y/n snorted, "god i wish"

"wrong answer again"

y/n mentally rolled her eyes, "howl who"

"howl you know if you don't lemme in" kuroo snorted and then it turned into full blown laughter as y/n stood watching him with a poker face.

"funny" she turned around and walked away with the same poker face.

"hey you should've let me in" he chuckled as he caught up with her, slinging an arm around her neck.

"i literally did?" she stated, unimpressed as ever.

"boo, no fun ass" kuroo rolled his eyes playfully.

"why are you here?" y/n asked

"to see you, why else?"

"nice try, why are you really here?" she narrowed her eyes at him.

"yeah why would i ever come to see you" he sighed, "play a 3v3 with us"

"no"

"yes"

"no fuck off"

did she really mean it? no, she was gonna practice anyway, might as well do it with these people, but what's the fun in simply agreeing.

"i will infact, not fuck off" kuroo poked her cheek with his index finger.

"you're like that one annoying mosquito that won't leave you alone in the middle of the night" y/n pushed his hand away.

"you want me to not leave you alone in the middle of the night?" he smirked.

"stop putting words in my mouth, i'm not going with you" she rolled her eyes

"actually, you are going with me" he pointed at their feet.

y/n looked down to see their steps had synced up.

"im just going where you're going, im not going WITH you"

"mm not much difference" he hummed happily, pulling her close. his fingertips lightly traced her collarbone as they walked.

"get lev or someone to play with you"

"we're playing y/n, not mentoring" he rolled his eyes.

"how rude"

"you're the last person on earth who can lecture me about something being rude"

"hey i'm not rude, im just honest"

"honestly rude"

"this is why you're fat"

"see? rude" he smiled.

y/n tsk'd, "go get yaku to play with you"

"he's asleep"

"so am i" she leaned her head on his chest and closed her eyes, pretending to sleep, her body going limp.

kuroo's arm slipped around her waist to keep her from falling, he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, "well it's high time you woke up"

"it's not even morning yet" she whined, without opening her eyes.

"yeah but we're one player short so won't you be a good girl and come with me"

y/n opened one eye and looked at him, unimpressed, "you aren't the morally grey fictional character you think you are, so that's not gonna work"

"no?" kuroo tilted his head, looking at her in amusement.

"no"

then he sighed very dramatically, "you leave me no choice"

"huh-"

the next thing y/n knew, kuroo had picked her up and thrown her over his shoulder.

y/n took half a second to process that and then rested her chin on her hand with a bored expression, "put me down"

"no can do" kuroo said as he walked with a firm grip on her thighs so she wouldn't fall.

"i'm gonna fall and crack my skull and die and you'll have blood on your hands and you won't be able to get into college"

"what's the point of going to college if you're not gonna be there?"

"my brother will beat you up"

kuroo sighed with a small chuckle, "i won't let you fall, i've got you"

"was that supposed to reassure me?"

"did it?"

"absolutely not"

"i'll just try harder next time then" he finally put her down.

she noticed that they were right in front of the gym, "there won't be a next time"

"we'll see about that next time" he smiled at her and opened the gym doors.

bokuto, akaashi, tsukki and hinata were standing by the net.

kuroo stepped aside for y/n to walk in and announced, "i have got our sixth player guys"

"you're gonna play with us y/n??" bokuto asked excitedly, like a child.

"i will if you do one thing for me" she smiled and crossed her arms in front of her.

"what?"

"say thankyou for the backshots mommy"

"THANKYOU FOR THE BACKSHOTS MOMMY" bokuto happily shouted.

tsukishima giggled like an npc.

"there he said it, now c'mere" kuroo spoke, biting his lip to stop himself from laughing.

y/n stood with her hands on her hips "all of you say it"

"hell no, get out" tsukishima pointed at the door behind her.

"shut up boy"

"someone's got a stick up their ass"

"rawr bitch"

"guys" kuroo awkwardly laughed, "we kinda need a sixth player so"

"literally just get anyone else?" tsukishima gave him a weird look.

"what do you mean anyone else, i'm the best you'll get" y/n rolled her eyes at him.

"sure half pint" tsukishima eyed her down.

y/n put her hands on her hips, "you and me 1v1 get on the court goldilocks"

kuroo tried to mediate, "alright now it's a 3v3 not a 1v1-"

"who asked"