27

"so you like him?" kazumi asked as the girls walked towards the gym.

"no"

"no?"

"no, he just makes me wanna hehehe"

kazumi blinked, "..so you like him"

"kazu-"

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO KUROO??" yaku came running towards them and stopped with his hands on his knees, panting his lungs out.

"i fucked him" y/n responded with a straight face.

"really?" yaku straightened up.

"no"

"what happened to kuroo?" kazumi asked as yaku made a face at y/n. guess he didn't enjoy being trolled first thing in the morning.

"he hasn't stopped smiling since this morning and it's creeping kenma out, he smiled while having breakfast, smiled while waking everyone up, which is rarer than a halleys comet by the way HE'S SMILING WHILE BLOCKING BALLS"

y/n snorted, "now yaku, why would you assume i did something? maybe he's in a good mood?"

"i think we both know why i think you did something" he narrowed his eyes at her.

"okay yakkun, why don't you go do your short people stuff?" y/n shooed him away, less than thrilled with where this conversation was going.

"he'll bite your kneecaps off one day" kazumi stated, watching yaku walk away grumbling to himself.

"your sense of humour is still dry i see, but it's okay zumi zumi you'll get there if you hang with me a bit more" y/n smiled.

"is three years of being around you 24/7 not enough?" kazumi raised an eyebrow.

"what do you mean 24/7, we're not hanging out when we're asleep"

"don't act like you don't climb in through my fucking window in the middle of the night whenever you're bored"

y/n gasped and put a hand on her chest, "it's not cuz im bored, i have sleep paralysis"

kazumi looked at her friend, unamused, "do you even know what sleep paralysis is?"

"it's when your insomnia is so bad you get paralysed cuz of it" y/n grinned.

"yes that's exactly what sleep paralysis is" kazumi sighed, shaking her head in disappointment, "how do your parents never find out?"

"cuz they're busy yelling at each other"

"um-"

"that or they're fucking. you know, hate sex, cuz they hate each other" y/n chuckled at her own joke.

"you can just tell me if you need someone to talk to instead of throwing rocks at my window at 3am" kazumi looked at her, concerned cuz of how unconcerned y/n was.

"but where's the fun in that? oh oh i should get my guitar next time and sing for you to open the window" y/n grinned wider.

kazumi sighed again, what does she even say to this girl at this point.

she really wanted y/n to be happy but she knew better than to press the matter. y/n would talk if she wanted to, cuz otherwise she gets cranky when someone tries to get all up in her business.

so instead of saying anything, kazumi simply dragged her all the way to the gym.

"alright girls, today we're gonna divide you into random teams, they will not be according to schools, so gather round" one of the coaches instructed.

all the girls stood in front of them as the coaches read out the names of the players.

"riko and lastly..." coach said, eyes moving down the list to announce the last member of team 2.

next to y/n, riko whispered to herself but loud enough for y/n to hear, "please don't be y/n please don't be y/n"

"y/n" coach announced and stuffed the list into his pocket.

"UGH" riko groaned as she looked at y/n, who was already grinning at her.

"you're stuck with me now, you thought i'd let you go so easy huh?" y/n wiggled her brows, "our relationship may be toxic but it's for LIFE"

"i'll just not toss to you" riko smirked.

"hmm" y/n hummed thoughtfully, "that might work.. except it won't cuz i'm the best spiker you've got" she winked.

"a good setter knows how to win a game even without making use of the so called best spiker" riko sneered, putting the "best" in air quotes.

"we'll see bout that" y/n patted her shoulder and jogged off to where kazumi was standing.

unfortunately, kazumi was in some other team and they y/n's team would not be playing against kazumi's.

"you mind filling this for me? my match is first" kazumi handed her an empty bottle, which y/n took and walked out of the gym to the water coolers.

and who did she find there?

"fancy seeing you here" she whistled as kuroo turned around. he was filling up his own bottle.

she threw kazumi's bottle at him, which he caught, "fill this up for me, yeah?"

"and why would i do that?" he asked, but uncapped it anyway.

"cuz i'm so pretty and you should listen to pretty girls cuz they deserve everything?"

"hmm can't argue with that" kuroo nodded and began filling the bottle up with a small smile on his face.

y/n watched him, specifically his forearms. (and thighs but don't tell her i told you)

he looked good, a little too good, she had to admit. but was she ever gonna tell him that? no.

just then someone called out from behind, "l/n"

"what the fuck do you want?" y/n asked, turning around to find a girl standing with her hands on her hips.

kuroo awkwardly laughed and grabbed y/n's waist, moving her to one side as he spoke to the girl, not removing his hands from y/n's waist, "she means how can we help you"

"coach is calling you" the girl nodded at y/n who responded with a quick, "coming in 2" as the girl walked away.

y/n turned to kuroo and snatched the bottle back from him, "see ya later captain"

she grabbed his jaw, pulling his face down to hers and placed a quick peck on his cheek before she walked away, leaving a pleasantly surprised kuroo staring at her with a giddy expression.

y/n's team's match started.

did riko toss to y/n? yes

did they win? also yes

y/n was surprised at how well they played together. riko's accuracy never failed to amuse her, it was better than kazumi's but that didn't mean kazumi wasn't good either.

riko just happened to be next level good. not that y/n would ever say that out loud, too compromising.

y/n held her fist out for riko to bump after the match, but she didn't get a response.

"dude ur embarrassing me for no reason" she hissed and grabbed riko's wrist, forcefully making her fist bump before smiling triumphantly.