11

"you heard about the training camp?" kazumi asked y/n as they walked to their respective classes.

"what training camp?"

"for the volleyball teams, it's being held in shinzen high"

"where's shinzen high?"

"y/n, we played against them in the prefectural prelims so they're obviously in tokyo"

"now how do you expect me to remember the names of the teams we've beaten?" y/n rolled her eyes.

"but they're strong and it's hardly been half a month" kazumi deadpanned.

"don't matter much if we're the strongest, they're all the same to me" y/n shrugged

"except riko" kazumi smirked.

"hey don't bring her up!" y/n whined and grabbed kazumi's arm.

riko was this one genius setter y/n had fake beef with. she was in fukurodani and whenever those two saw each other they got into fake arguments, which didn't look very fake from a third person pov.

"admit it, she's an excellent setter, you make a good pair" kazumi said holding onto y/n hand which was on her arm.

"as if, you're the only setter for me kazu mizu"

"for how long are you planning to call me everything BUT my actual name?"

"for till we're friends"

"and how long is that gonna be?"

"for till forever"

"well, as long as i get to keep seeing your brother"

"excuse me!-"

"the lab's here" kazumi pointed out before y/n could start talking non stop again.

"ugh how can you love something and hate it at the same time" y/n groaned, looking at the lab entrance.

"trust me, I've spent long enough with you and your attitude to know exactly how"

"so mean" y/n pouted

the girls bid goodbye as y/n reached the lab.

oh bittersweet.

on one hand y/n loved mixing different chemicals to see which one would blow up in her face.

on the other hand, she had to spend an hour per week in extremely close proximity of kuroo tetsurou.

y/n walked inside and to her assigned bench only to find a post-it on the slab.

she squinted to decipher the handwriting. it looked like someone had desperately tried to make their cursive look pretty, but failed.

she read the note,

dear tetsu <3

please meet me behind the volleyball gym after school

love, terumi

tetsu? what was she, his mom? y/n internally gagged and began setting up her titration stand.

kuroo walked into the lab shortly after and came to stand next to y/n on his assigned seat.

"look who's finally managed to bag some bitches" she whistled at him.

he looked at her confused and she pointed at the post it on her side of the slab.

he leaned closer to her and peered at the note.

then he proceeded to rip it off the slab, crumple it up and throw it into the bin next to the counter.