19

"levochka for the win" y/n whistled.

"so i get to decide the movie right?" lev asked excitedly.

everyone looked at one another and seemed to have a psychic conversation.

kuroo cleared his throat, "the jury will be giving it's verdict now"

kenma spoke, "lev you will" he paused for dramatic effect and then spoke, "not be allowed to pick the movie"

lev's jaw dropped in shock, "WHY"

"cuz you're lev" y/n answered simply, "now, we're watching the third conjuring, right guys?"

everyone nodded, some hesitantly.

"it's the least scary one, you're good" kenma told hinata privately.

everyone sat down and the movie began. y/n found herself seated between hinata and kuroo.

she would've preferred akaashi but whatever.

right when they were about to get to the waterbed scene, y/n felt something in her stomach.

hunger.

she looked around and spotted a bowl of popcorn next to hinata so she leaned over him, reaching her arm out to grab it.

but the orange haired boy thought she was going in for a hug and hugged her back.

y/n awkwardly patted his back so he'd let go, "this isn't a hug i'm just grabbing the popcorn"

"oh"

the oh of shame

"yeah we're not there yet" she 😐'd as she sat back down on her seat with the popcorn bowl in her lap.

on y/n's other side, kuroo tried his best to hold in his hyena laugh but it eventually came out as an undignified shriek when the waterbed scene finally came.

y/n snorted and kuroo poked her cheek, that just made her laugh harder.

"i think i've to pee" hinata whispered and left the room.

when does he not have to pee? does he vape around or something? does he take hits in the bathroom? it was an interesting theory, y/n decided she would investigate later.

she crossed her legs so she could sit comfortably now that there was more space on the couch.

kuroo leaned down to whisper to her, "whoever falls asleep first loses"

she rolled her eyes and whispered back, "get ready to lose 17-16 then"

he quietly chuckled, "will you let me put my head on your lap if i fall asleep?" he asked.

"no"

"aw what's the point of losing then"

"i know right, it'll be a no win for you" y/n played along.

"i'd let you sleep on me if you lose, just saying" he shrugged.

"like i'd ever lose" she scoffed.

"you're about to" he slung an arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to him, which she let him do.

"you're not pushing me away" he noted

"what's the point? you'll just pull me back again" she shrugged, defeated.

"glad to know you've finally caught on" he hummed in satisfaction as he got comfortable with y/n nestled in his side.

her hips were starting to ache from sitting in the same position for so long so she placed her leg over kuroo's thigh, he didn't seem to mind.

5 minutes later, she felt him idly rubbing circles on her arm with his index finger.

she glanced up at kuroo, he didn't look like he was aware of what he was doing but y/n knew better. he's much sharper than he acts.

but then again, did y/n mind? not really. he was kinda comfy. not that she'd ever admit that.

they were about halfway done with the movie and y/n noticed a lot of things around the room like the fact that hinata still hadn't returned from the bathroom.

did he die? did his demons finally get him? she distinctly recalled him saying something about one of his demons named kageyama or something.

kenma had fallen asleep on akaashi's shoulder, who had fallen asleep on kenma's head. it was kinda cute, they were both drooling.

bokuto was busy waving his hands around in the air, trying to scare tsukishima (and failing miserably)

the blonde was more than annoyed, he had gotten an up close view of bokuto's fingernails for the entire duration of the movie.

lastly, lev

she silently snorted, he was the only one who seemed to be actually awake and paying attention to the movie.

she felt her eyes shutting and her head bobbed before she sat up straight to be alert.

kuroo looked down at her with a small smirk, "i'll win if you fall asleep"

"i'm not gonna fall asleep" she rolled her eyes, "not with lev jumping every two seconds"

they both looked at the boy in question who was shaking like a leaf and peeking at the tv from behind a pillow, eyes wide in fear.

"he looks like yuta when he heard mom and dad going at it" y/n laughed.

"what the fuck" kuroo gave her a weird look.

"don't ask"

the movie was almost about to end, maybe 20 minutes left? not sure. y/n could hardly keep track of anything her eyelids felt so heavy.

she forced them to stay open and looked around, everyone had fallen asleep except for kuroo, who was still rubbing circles into her skin.

she fell asleep for half a second and dreamed a wholeass parallel universe.

why was the room spinning? how long does it take to start hallucinating from sleep deprivation?

no stop being dramatic y/n 🛑✋

but she couldn't help it, she could hardly keep her eyes open, much less her head up straight.

she could tell kuroo was looking at her. ugh.

he sighed and placed her head on his chest.

mm so comfy, she could fall asleep right ther- WAIT

she sat back up and glared at him, "i know why you're doing this, so i'll fall asleep and you'll win. i don't think so"

"why do you argue so much" he rolled his eyes and put her head back on his chest.

she felt the rhythmic rise and fall of his chest everytime he breathed, it was making her even more drowsy.

his fingers began combing through her hair.

y/n frowned, "what are you-"

"shh, sleep"

she finally gave in and fell asleep in about 3 seconds.

i 🫶 horror movies