Chapter 22

Song For Chapter 22: Mad Sounds By Arctic Monkeys

"Happy New Years Eve!" I'm greeted by Avery who runs up and hugs me.

"Good morning, Avery." I say with a smile as I hug her back, "Do I smell pancakes?" I say excitedly as I hold both of Avery's hands and bend down so we are face to face.

"Mhm!" Avery chirps, "Grammy made some!" Avery says as she drags me to the kitchen.

"Morning, Grammy." I wave to Grammy as she makes me a plate of pancakes.

"Morning, sweetie." She says as she puts down the plate of pancakes, "I know how much you love blueberry!" Grammy then sits down with a cup of tea as I eat my pancakes while Avery goes down to the basement to play some Wii.

As Grammy and I chat Jason walks into the room with sweatpants on while he messes with his disheveled hair tiredly, "Good morning..." Jason says with a yawn as he sits down in between Grammy and I.

God, Jason looks so damn sexy right now...

I shake my head out of my daze looking at Jason and I can tell Jason is smirking at me so I lightly hit him on the shoulder and he chuckles a bit.

Grammy looks at both of us and laughs as I blush, "I'll go give you a plate of pancakes, Jason." She says as she gets up and walks to the plate of pancakes.

"Wait... She knows?" Jason asks a bit confused.

"Yeah, Grammy tends to know a lot of things..." I say with a shrug as I take a bite of my pancakes.

"Well since no one is in here... Except your 'Grammy'... Who knows..." Jason says mischievously.

I raise an eyebrow at him as he cups my face and begins to kiss me.

I smile in between kisses, we slowly end up forgetting anyone is in the room and then I hear my Grammy "ahem" loudly.

"Listen, I have no issue that you two are a 'thing', but please, don't make out in front of me."

I laugh and nod as she sits back down and hands Jason his plate of pancakes, "So what are you kids doing for New Years Eve?" Grammy asks as she sips her tea.

"We are planning to go to Eli's house for a party." Jason says as he cuts up his pancakes.

"Ooo, that should be fun." Grammy says with a smile.

Jason and I both nod as we glance at each other.

Oh yes... A lot of fun..

(^_−)−☆

After breakfast I kiss Jason one last time then I take a quick shower and begin to get ready for the New Years Eve party tonight.

I curl my hair, put on some light lip gloss, mascara, and a pale-ish eyeshadow, and you know, of course eyeliner. I don't usually use eyeliner though, but, oh well.

After I do that I pick out a nice black, short, simple strapless dress with black, glittery heels.
I look at myself in the mirror and smile. I'm usually not a fan of dressing up but I'm proud of the job I did.

I walk out of my room and I see Jason smile as he sees me. I tell he has been waiting for me.
Jason is wearing a black button down shirt with a nice pair of jeans. His hair was perfect as usual.

"Ready?" Jason takes my hand and helps me down the last step on the staircase.

I nod and smile up at him.

"Great." Jason leads me out the front door and into the car.

The ride to Eli's house was pretty calm. During the ride we held hands the whole time. We loved to be together. Its always so hard having our relationship not become public. I can't hold hands with him in public, kiss him, go out for a date. It has to be 100% secret.

Once we get to Eli's Jason picks me up out of the car, kisses me then sets me down gently, "You look so beautiful." Jason says then kisses me one last time.

"You look handsome, yourself." I giggle and mess with his hair.

(^_−)−☆

Eli's party was perfect. My friends and I danced, Jason and I kissed in some secret places. It was all good, until I got a call...

"Who is it?" Carly asks as she looks over my shoulder to try and see the phone.

"Its my Aunt." I say nervously. Thats strange, she never calls me.

Scarlet stops making out of Jeremiah and looks over to me, "Well don't just stand there like a dumb ass and watch it ring, answer it."

I nod, "Okay, okay." I press the answer button and walk into the bathroom so I can have quiet as I speak.

"Hello,  Aunt Alice, whats wrong?" I asks as I pull the hem of my dress worriedly.

"It's your mom..." I can hear Aunt Alice begin to cry.

"A-aunt Alice, please tell me what happened to my mom..." I begin to hyperventilate a bit as my mind wanders on what she is about to say.

"She's been murdered." Aunt Alice begins to cry through the phone.

In that moment I feel like I am also dead.

I drop my phone and I feel like I'm frozen in time.

My mom is dead. My mom has been murdered. I'll never see her again. My mom is dead.

I instantly black out.

Hey readers! I know I said I'll try to be more active but it's just so hard. I keep having writers block and something else always keeps me from continue typing this story. This doesn't mean I won't stop making it but the chapters are going to take a while to post.

Thank you to the readers who continued to be there and read the chapters and not give up on the book even though I wasn't posting. It means a lot.

If you readers have an idea for what song I should use for this chapter tell me in the comments below!

I hope you guys enjoyed. See ya soon!