Chapter 2

Song for Chapter 2- All Time Low By The Wanted

When I get home, I unlock the door and throw my book bag on the kitchen counter. Before I run to the stairs I notice a note from my mom on the counter beside my book bag. I pick up the note and read it.

Dear Grace,

I won't be home for a while cause I'm heading out shopping for a while before your future father gets here with his son. Make sure to be ready around 5:30 pm or your gonna be in big trouble!

Love,

Mom

I sigh sadly and run upstairs to my bedroom. As soon as I get to my room I look through my clothing to find the nicest outfit I have. Which sort of took me a while cause I like never wear anything nice, cause I'm never invited to parties and stuff like that so...

The outfit I picked out didn't seem to bad. It was a nice floral skirt I've had for a while but never wore, for the shirt it was a nice white tank top I have ( the tank top is basically gonna be tucked under my skirt. ). I then find these nice pair of white aerosole flats. I lay my outfit neatly over my bed and run to the bathroom and take a quick shower.

Once I get out of the shower and check the time, it was 5:00 pm, so I quickly put my hair into a bun and I got into my outfit. But then I realized I couldn't find my blue Ray Ban glasses. Right before I start looking I check the time and it's 5:25. I start hyperventilating but calm myself down and continue trying to find my glasses. Thankfully at 5:29 and 10 seconds I find my glasses and quickly put them on, they are a little crooked but I don't care right now. I run down the stairs as quick as possible trying not to trip on my feet (cause that has sadly happened before...), I then run to the couch and sit myself down and open the nearest book next to me and start reading. I check my wrist watch and sigh in relief knowing I got ready in time, cause I know my mom if I were to do something wrong... She would not be happy.

☆☆☆☆

A few minutes after I got ready I heard the doorbell ring. I was about to get up and answer the door myself but I heard the clacking of my moms heals coming close so I decided to sit myself back on the couch and continue reading.

"Oh hello honey!" My mom said cheerfully as she opened the door.

I looked up for a second but decided that I really didn't wanna go up cause this book was way to good than meeting my future father.

"Yes right this way!" My mom said cheerfully from the main entrance. I then heard her clacking of the shoes again and had a feeling that she was heading them to the living room.

I kept my head down as they headed in the living room hoping my mom, my future father and his son wouldn't notice me... But sadly I didn't look anything like furniture so my plan didn't work out so well.

" Grace!" My mom snapped at me, "Get your head out of that book and meet your new family!"

I looked up and saw Jason there next to I guess is my new dad. Jason and I stared at each other in shocked for a few seconds.

"Grace!" My mom snapped at me again, " are you okay?"

I shook my head then turned to face my mom, "Yeah I'm fine..." I then get up and shake hands with my soon to be father.

"Hello nice to meet you Grace, I've heard many great things about you from your mother. I'm Daniel Mallard, and this is my son Jason Mallard." Daniel let's go of my hand and turns to face his son.

Jason and I walk up to each other and we shake hands, "Hello Jason, nice to see you again. " I say trying to be nice even though the most baddest, meanest guy in school is gonna be my soon to be step brother!