Chapter 3

Song For Chapter 3- Me And My Broken Heart By Rixton

On the bus to get school the next day I couldn't help but imagine what would of happened last night if Jason and his Dad didn't have to go... What would of happened with Jason and I? I don't even know why I am cause of how much I hate Jason!

☆☆☆☆

When I get to school, I go to my locker and get my books for first period, which is Math.

As I go to my locker Tess comes up to me and begins talking, "Hey Grace. How did last night go?"

"It was ok... My dad seems nice I just hate his son..." I say with a sigh and I close my locker.

"Ooo ok what's his name?" Tess asks curiously. Probably so she can flirt with him each time she's over...

"Jason..." I say as we start walking to class.

Tess looks at me in shock, "Jason Mallard!?!?"

"Yep... Sadly..." I say as we walk into to class and head to the far right of the classroom where our desks are.

"Wow Jason who has been bullying you for god knows how long is gonna be your step brother! I'm so sorry Grace..." Tess says in her sympathetic voice.

"It's ok Tess... I'll get over it..." I say with a sigh and Tess and I sit down.

"Ok well if you ever need to get away from your house and come to mine... Alright? I mean my mom doesn't care we're practically like family!"

I laugh a little, " Thats true Tess and thank you I'll keep that in mind."

Tess and I then pull out our agendas and start writing down our homework.

☆☆☆☆

Second period I sit in the back with my friend Adam, we've have been friends since we were 6. We rarely hang out at school, except for like a few classes, during high school he started becoming popular and of course since I'm such a dork he started to drift away from me. Well at least he hasn't gone totally to 'the evil side'.

Adam tapped me on the shoulder.

"Grace, wanna hang out after school we could go to like a movie or something. It's just we haven't hung out in a while."

I look up and push up my glasses with my index finger, " Uh... Ya sure. What movie?"

"I was thinking maybe... Oh I know! 'Transformers: Age Of Extinction'?" Adam asks with his cute little dorky smile on his face. Gosh he's so cute when he does that! But I don't like him like that though... Or do I? I don't know anymore!

"Yes! I haven't seen that movie yet!" I say with a whisper yell so we won't get caught talking to each other during class.

"Me either! This is gonna be awesome!" Adam also whisper yells.

Adam and I then high five like idiots and go back to taking notes.

☆☆☆☆

When I walk into music I saw the principle; Mr. Wagner , My music teacher; Ms. Matthews and (just my stupid luck) Jason , happened to all be chatting by Ms. Matthews desk.

I snuck in so Jason wouldn't notice me and sat in the far back of class(Thank god for not having assigned seats).

I kept my head down and pretended to read looking up every few seconds to see if Jason left.

If he see's me this could be like the death of me! For music in this class you have to audition and Tess forced me to audition in the beginning of the year, so I did. And I made it. But if Jason finds out, he'll decide to tell the rest of the school that are not in this class. And if that happens all the popular kids will start asking me to sing for them in that kind of harassing way. And if your wondering why I know this...well let's just say that happened to me last year when I won the schools spelling bee and everyone in school (well only the popular kids) were asking me these freakishly long words they found in a dictionary and some words they just made up.

When I look up I notice Jason isn't there anymore. I sigh in relief and rest my back on a chair I'm sitting in. But then I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Why hello there..." Jason said with an evil smile.

I stare at him and my left eye twitches. And from that Jason just starts to chuckle quietly.

I just roll my eyes, " Jason why are you in this class?"

"Because Mr. Wagner wants me to get in extra curricular activities, so he signed me up for music... Which stinks cause I can't even sing!" Jason says loudly and grimaces, "Wait I just realized something, Ms. Grace Green has a talent that's not nerdy!" Jason starts cracking up to his own sarcastic joke, "Can you please sing for me Grace Green please... For me?" Jason says as he looks at me with puppy dog eyes.

I sigh from all his annoying shit, "I'm not going to sing for you ok now get over yourself... Class is starting!" I say and turn my face to Ms. Matthews.

I hear Jason curse at me under his breath but I really don't care.

"Ok class we have a new student added to our class, now he's not new to the school... Just the class. Ok Jason come up here please." Ms. Matthews looks at Jason and mouths to him to come up now.

Jason shrugs and walks up next to Ms. Matthews, "Sup all you music dorks!" Jason says and Ms. Matthews slaps him lightly on his shoulder. "That's mean to say Mr.Mallard!"

Jason just shrugs like he doesn't give fuck.

Ms. Matthews rolls her eyes and looks back at the class, " Ok well since Jason is new to this class how about we see how he sings?"

The whole class nods and giggles to them selves.

"Ok Jason you may begin." Ms. Matthews says.

Jason stood there for a minute probably thinking about what to sing.

Jason then opened his mouth and began singing.

All I need's a little love in my life

All I need's a little love in the dark

A little but I'm hoping it might kick start

Me and my broken heart

I need a little loving tonight

Hold me so I'm not falling apart

A little but I'm hoping it might kick start

Me and my broken heart

Yeah...

Shot gun, aimed at my heart, you got one

Tear me apart and then some

How do we call this love

I try to run away but your eyes

Tell me to stay, oh why,

Why do we call this love

It seems like we've been losing control

Somebody tell me I'm not alone

When I say

All I need's a little love in my life

All I need's a little love in the dark

A little but I'm hoping it might kick start

Me and my broken heart

I need a little loving tonight

Hold me so I'm not falling apart

A little but I'm hoping it might kick start

Me and my broken heart

The whole class sat there in amazement, and me. We thought he was gonna sing like an idiot, but he seems to has a lot of talent. And who would of known Jason listens to Rixton!? Not me...

Jason then walks casually with a lot of pride back down to the seat next to me.

I roll my eyes and snickered,"And you said you couldn't sing."

"I might of exaggerated a little bit..." Jason says with a light chuckle, "Now how about we sing you sing ey?"

I laugh and smirk, "Not gonna happen."

"We'll see about that..." Jason says mischievously.