Chapter 13

Paramore- Proof

This song doesn't make much sense to the chapter but I just like this song so 😋

I drove back home alone since Jason wanted to hang out with his new "friends". I mean I'm not mad he needs guy time. Well at least I'm not "that" mad. The only thing that I'm really pissed about is that he has to hang out with that Dylan guy. What is up with him? I feel like each time around him he doesn't leave his eyes off me. Does he like me? I get so frustrated over this little thing that I honk my car horn at a slow driver in front of me. The car driver honks back and starts to drive faster.

I stop off at Staples and get a few things that I need for a few of my classes. While I'm there I get a text from Terry.

Terry: Hey honey I need you to stop off at Shop Rite and get some food for dinner.

Me: What do you want me to get?

Terry: Steak, mash potatoes, broccoli and that's it.

Me: K mom.

Terry: Thanks honey.

I put my phone back in my back pocket and drove over to shop rite.

At Shop Rite as I'm looking at the bakery for the Shop Rite cookies I notice Carly talking to I'm guessing one of her friends as their looking at the cupcakes.

Carly notices me and yells, "Grace! Over here!" Carly gestures me to where she was with her friend.

I walked over and waved, "Hey." I smiled.

"Hey Grace!" Carly smiles back, "This is my friend Scarlet."

Scarlet has really short, red dyed hair and in the front some extra hair is in her face as side bangs. She has tan skin, her eyes are greenish hazel looking. Scarlet is also pretty tall, around the same height as Jason, which means she is tall! Scarlet has a skinny body, she has the body of a model, but she doesn't embrace it. Scarlet wears a plain black baseball cap on her head, she wears ray band glasses also, but I can tell they are fake. Scarlet has a plain white tank top that suits her nicely, over the tank top is a light blue denim vest. For pants she wears black leggings and Scarlet wears converse on her feet.

Scarlet looks down at me and I look up and wave awkwardly, "Hey Scarlet I'm Grace..."

Scarlet rolls her eyes, "I've heard..."

I laugh awkwardly, "Oh yeah cause you know... Carly said it and yeah..."

Scarlet groans, "So this is your new friend?" Scarlet glances at me.

Carly smiles cheekily, "Yep isn't she nice?!" Carly asks all perky.

"To nice..."

Carly sighs and turns back to me, "So wanna hang with us? We're getting snacks and we're gonna have a... Movie night!" Carly does the jazz hands thing and asks, "So what do you say?"

Well I can't pass down friends, and I mean I would have friends at school cause of Jason but you know I want friends that are girls to, "Yeah sure I would love to. But where would we go for it?"

"That's what we were just talking about!" Carly laughs, "Oh... Oh... Oh my... Woo..."

I giggle silently, "We could do it at my place? I have a tv in my room..."

"Ugh... Of course you do..." Scarlet sighs, crosses her arms and walks off.

Carly glances back and Scarlet and rolls her eyes, "Sorry she takes some time to get use to... And sure we would love to watch the movie at your place!" Carly smiles and starts to follow Scarlet and I trail off behind them.