~3~

"If you're apologising for stabbings during your second banishment then don't. Like you said forget the forgotten"

Hearing this all of them were way too shocked, sure they heard that prince has fought with emperor and got banished but they didn't knew that he managed to injure jun wu.

"How can I forget?" xie lian said wryly.

By now both of them has reached the back quarters of divine might.
“Then look to the future,” Jun Wu replied quietly. “There is still much we need you for.”

Xie Lian rubbed his forehead. “Xianle is but a lowly scrap immortal, without power. There is no need for me. I only hope not to be a burden.”

"xianle you shouldn't think that about yourself" Jun wu said while xie lian smiled sheepishly.

"Such low opinion. You worked splendidly in those two cases" jun wu commented.

"Except I have offended general pei" xie lian sighed.

"Ming Guang is fine. I will keep an eye on him, however...do tell me how you managed to stir up trouble when you descended down this time?"

"My lord why such favouritism" pei ming couldn't help but ask frowning.
"get used to it, many will prefer his highness instead of you" ling wen comment while pei ming just grumbled under his breath.

Xie lian raised hand "my lord I swear I did nothing wrong. I just met an interesting man just by chance"

"Interesting huh?" pei ming said smirking a lil. While xie lian just blushed hard trying not to run away from hua cheng's gaze.

"a chance encounter young man, Supreme Ghost King. Xianle, surely you are aware what the consequences would be if Ming Guang was to question you further and you confessed to this in front of the other officials? No one would believe you.”

"Xianle knows" xie lian said woefully.

“So, I am grateful for My
Lord’s timely intervention. My Lord, you’re not actually going to interrogate me, are you? I wouldn’t collude with the Ghost Realm. These are absurd concerns.”

“Naturally, I know you would not intentionally collude with the Ghost Realm,” Jun Wu said.
“I am grateful for My Lord’s trust,” Xie Lian replied.

“However, with things thus, it may no longer be appropriate to send
you to investigate an urgent matter that I have on hand.”

Many looked interested, it was rare for emperor to personally hand out missions to someone.

“What is it?” Xie Lian inquired.
At this time, the two of them reached the chamber behind the great hall, separated from the main hall by a large mural. The front depicted a golden palace towering above a sea of clouds, radiant and brilliant. The back of the mural was another view, depicting mountains and valleys spanning over an enormous distance. Gazing over the expanse of the painting, one
could see many tiny pearls embedded on this giant map, glinting like stars.

Jun wu said pointing at the area around east “Seven days ago, many saw with their own eyes a dragon of fire suddenly soaring into the sky from the deep mountains in this area.”

Xie Lian’s face grew serious. "it's cry for help"

“Correct. It was a distress signal, and it came from a heavenly official,” Jun Wu said.
“And it’s no ordinary call for help, it’s one of desperation,” Xie Lian
added.