~13~

--unedited chapter

Xie lian blinked, all the defences melting away and his legs moved on its own, carrying him inside. Within the great hall, all manner of weapons were hung on all four
walls. There were sabers, swords, spears, shields, whips, war hammers… It was an armory!

Xie lian gasped looking at screen, his eyes literally sparkling like a kid who got his favourite toy.

Any man finding himself in an armory such as this, surrounded by all kinds of weaponry, would feel as if he were in heaven, and his blood would boil with excitement. Xie Lian was no exception; his eyes were wide and his face bright. Though his expression remained schooled, he was already so excited that he was stammering "may....i touch them?"

Hua cheng smiled "as gege likes"

Xie Lian’s hands instantly flew out to feel the various weapons hung
on the walls, so absorbed he couldn’t tear himself away. “These…all of these are masterpieces! This sword is splendid, a battle of one against many would most definitely bring out its godly powers! This one too! Wait, and that
saber… "

Hua cheng leaned against the wall watching Xie lian with smile" gege what do think?"

Xie lian was examining each pieces that he was reluctant to turn around." think about what?"

"Do you like it?" hua cheng asked
"I do" Xie lian instantly replied
"had gege found any particular one that he fancies?"

Xie Lian’s entire face was bright and glowing, and he was unable to
stop singing praises. “Yes! Yes! All of them!”

"then gege should have all of them" hua cheng replied.

"waitt what??" Xie lian asked
"yes why? Why are you giving him that he doesn't have spiritual powers anyway" Mu qing said

"why the fuck do you have to say something shit everytime you open your mouth" feng xin exclaimed.

"gege likes them so take them" hua cheng ignored two of them smiling at Xie lian.

"they're cool tho" pei ming said nodding

"no no no, there's no need" Xie lian immediately declined "I have no use for weapons anyway"

"really?" hua cheng said "but I clearly see that gege likes them"

"liking them doesn't mean I have to have them" Xie lian replied "I just like looking at them. I haven't used one in years. I also don't have armory to keep them"

"then I'll keep it here" hua cheng said "you can come here whenever you want. That way you also have a reason to visit me."

"no it's ok. An armory requires proper maintenance. I'd hate to neglect these weapons" Xie lian carefully put back the sword in its place and said nostalgically "once upon a time I also had an armory like this but it was burned down. All of these weapons are precious devices you have to cherish them, San lang"
“That’s easy too,” Hua Cheng said. “If I’m free, I can help gege
maintain the armory.”
Xie Lian laughed. “Well, I certainly don’t have the guts to ask My
Lord the Ghost King to do chores for me.”

"hahaha its ok gege I like doing simple chores with you or for you" hua cheng said
"you're good host but i made you renovate my shrine with me" Xie lian sighed face palming.
"I enjoyed it" hua cheng replied
'Chengzu did what???' Yin Yu wide eyed looked at two who was unknowingly flirting.