~10~

Qingxuan continued "crimson rain knows you right your highness? But why was he acting like he doesn't?"

"that was crimson rain sought flower? His real form?" lang qianqui asked but before Xie lian could say anything Qingxuan replied "he always changes his forms who knows what's real. It's all fake, fake"

He thought to himself its real.

Qingxuan and Xie lian started to walk off "our identity is out now what do we do? Change our disguise and try again? But I don't think that would work , they must've tightened their security"

Qingxuan said "wait how about it, you go and meet hua cheng and tell him you're there to see him and also bought some colleagues from heavens. That might work"

"I think that's nice idea" ling wen said nodding
"nope it's not" Qianqui said
"yes i think im gonna agree with his highness tai hua" Xie lian replied.

But before Xie lian could say anything Qianqui jumped between them "no" Shi Qingxuan looked at him "why not"

"Even though I think he is a bad person. Your highness xianle if you two are friends, you shouldn't lie to him" Qingxuan sighed "Qianqui no one cares"

"you're wrong about that I do care" Xie lian replied

Hua cheng's dead heart almost came back to life at this statement. "aww does gege cares for me?" he teased
"ofc i do" Xie lian replied nodding.

Qingxuan could feel upcoming headache "then what do we do? We're heavenly officials if we report empty handed people will think our success rate is lower than the palace of ling wen. What an embarrassment that would be"

Xie lian grinned but just as soon as he was about to speak a terrible ruckus broke out in streets. A mob of ghosts and nefarious creatures ran with raised fists "where's that brat with bandages? Where is he?"

Seeing the other two gods’ alarm, Xie Lian reassured, “Don’t worry,
they’re not after us.”
Just as the words left his lips, their ears were pierced by a shrill,
deafening cry.

"that's...."
"what's that? Do you know something?" Qingxuan asked
"I'm not so sure" Xie lian replied.
"let's watch we'll know" Qianqui said

That sharp cry of desperation made Xie lian heart drop, he could hardly gather his thoughts before his body was already charging in that direction. Outside the alley there was a crowd of different types of creature circling around and yelling.

"I caught him"
"let's beat him to pulp again"
"just how much food has he stole. I'm gonna make you pay you ugly freak"

Qingxuan caught up "your highness what's going on"

He couldn't respond as he walked towards the crowd step by step, his pace growing in speed. He soon broke into run and forcibly pushed ghosts aside just to see a boy in bandages clutching his head, kneeling on the ground.

"your highness is that the boy?" ling wen asked
"yes. No wonder you couldn't find him" Xie lian replied.

No wonder the palace of ling wen couldn't find him. How can they? When he was hiding in ghost city. Ghosts who were pushed aside by Xie lian was outraged and pushed him out again.
"this freak is even uglier than me. Just look how he is clutching the bandages"

"they're bullying a little kid" Qingxuan looked angry

Lang Qianqiu was furious. “What are you doing?!” he cried, then he
walked up and hurled a few ghosts off to one side.
Shi Qingxuan didn’t have time to stop him and could only wave around with his fan. “Qianqiu, I thought we agreed not to act so impulsively!”