~22~

-unedited chapter

Qianqui struggled against rouye's hold and tried to lift his upper body.

"Are you playing with me? A Xianle man killed my entire family and I have to follow his teachings and save Xianle people. Are you toying with me?

Qianqui continued to shout accusations and Xie lian didn't replied.

" Was it because your seventeenth was a trial so you had to turn mine into a trial too?"

"As much as you want to think about it that way.... He would never do such thing" feng xin said.

Xie lian still didn't respond, Qianqui's anger flared and he yelled "well if that's the case I won't let you have your way!!"

Xie lian's eyes widened at that, Qianqui looked raged but also as if he was declaring a war. He continued "if you want me to fill my heart with hatred i won't! I will never become like you!!"

Xie lian suddenly laughed out loud and others who were too focused flinched and literally got scared out of their wits.

"Good. Remember well what you said and never ever become like me" Xie lian said to Qianqui who ofcourse didn't understand what was going on inside Xie lian's head nor did others. Hua cheng however glared at Qianqui he looked like he wanted to skin him alive.

It was a declaration so heroic Xie Lian was stunned just listening to it. A brief moment later, he pfft-ed and burst out laughing, sound returning to him at last. Qianqui anger was deflated by Xie lian's laugh. He clapped his hand, xie lian didn't remember when he last laughed so heartily.

"Good! Well said." he said as he rubbed his eyes.

"Remember what you said today... That you will never become like me"

Hua cheng had crossed his arms and watched from side with cool eye and just as soon as he was done speaking there was suddenly a blast red smoke around Qianqui.

Xie lian jolted, thinking Qianqui must've used some weird trick.

"that fool isn't capable of doing things like that" Hua cheng scoffed.

Well if it wasn't Qianqui then who? Ofc hua cheng. What did he do to him? Most of the gods become anxious. Did he actually killed him with some weird method?

As much as they didn't liked Qianqui giving hard time to prince who was clearly hiding something and they believed that he hadn't been the mastermind of gilded banquet. Qianqui was still young and they fellow colleague so they were kinda worried about him.

When the smoke cleared away Qianqui had disappeared from where he was laying. Seeing no one rouye had came back and wrapped itself around Xie lian's arm. There was a small budaoweng doll swaying left, right.

Hua cheng walked over and flicked doll with his finger snickering "why does he looks so stupid no matter what forms he takes"

"San Lang?" Xie lian shocked expression made hua cheng laugh a little.

"It's alright gege nothing will happen to him... As long as gege doesn't want" he said and others who were also worried sighed in relief.

Xie lian picked up budaoweng doll and didn't know whether to laugh or cry "This....this. San Lang is this Qianqui? Stop playing around with him and change him back"

"Nah... Bring him along and let's go"

"Hmm? Go where?" Yushi huang asked.

"Where are you taking him?" Mu qing asked annoyed and (worried) about his friend.