The truth

At night..

"wait, something is not right."

" Why did he ask me for notebook?

"He could ask Ira. Ira was sitting with me."

" Then why didn't he ask her but me? Why?" she noticed something.

She is sitting on a chair in her room and studying. Suddenly today's incident popped up in her mind. She was laughing thinking about it that's when she realizes something.

"Yes, I didn't find him even looking at her, but if he like her and confessed then why does he behave normally with her?"

"She always says that he do this and that but I never find him doing anything for her, but she is my best friend she will never lie to me."

"It's really confusing. I mean if somebody likes someone then they try to pursue that person , but he doesn't do anything. He doesn't even try to talk to her."

"I need to ask Ira about it. "

"Hmm, I will ask Ira tomorrow. What's the truth."

She decided to talk to Ira about everything and started to study again.

Next day in classroom..

"Tell me Ira. What's the truth? Why are you silent now?"- riya asked and Ira gasped with sudden questions.

Eva- "Yes Ira, tell us. I also want to know because I also find it strange.

"I.. I.. A.. Actually I told you a s..small..l..l..lie. - she said while stuttering.

"What do you mean by lie. What lie?" - Riya asked confusedly.

"I mean , he never p..proposed me. I.. I..made it all.- Ira told them whole truth.

Riya and Eva-" WHAT! "( they widened their eyes in shock)

"Have you finally gone mad. Why did you do that?" - Riya said angrily and Ira felt bad for lying to her friends.

"I just wanted to feel like he likes me. I always liked him but he never even look at me. I am sorry for telling this lie to you guys."- Ira said with said and teary eyes.

"shhh... Don't feel sad. You are way much better than him. You don't need him at all.
He is an idiot not to see, how much beautiful and kind hearted you are." Riya said making Ira calm down a little.

Eva-" hmm... We are with you just leave him. We will not say and ask anything anymore.

And one more thing you don't need to say sorry to us. We are not angry." (said dramatically) 

Then they hugged each other.

Ira was happy ,finally she told the truth to her friends. She was feeling guilty for lying to them but she wasn't able to say anything .

She got scared everytime whenever she tried to tell them everything . What if they won't forgive her?

This thought made her to take back her step every time. She started a lie but didn't know how to end it.

They looked at each other and shouted together making everyone look at them with 'what is happening ' look-

"FRIENDS FOREVER "

And started to laugh.

Few hours later....

"Here is you notebook. Thanks again for your help.
Because of you I was able to complete my homework. Thank you so much. " Ben said while returning her notebook with a wide smile on his face.

"You are welcome." - she said normally , taking her notebook from him.

Ben gave a wide smile to her and left making Riya chuckle on him.