Exam result

Teacher was about to distribute exam papers. Watchman was going to close the main gate of school. Everyone was wondering about Ben. Riya was worriedly looking out of the window.

Actually her seat was beside the window and she could see the main gate from there. There was a unusual silence in the classroom, then teacher made a sound by tapping on his table and got everyone's  attention.

Teacher - "OK students, I know you are worried about Ben , but I don't think he can make it for the exam now. We can't delay exam , so let's start it and be focused on it. Don't think much.......

Before he could finish his sentence other sound was heard and everyone's eyes lit up.

"I am here....sir.. May I come in." - Ben said while huffing.

"Yes..yes.. come in, have your seat ,and take a breath first."

Teacher said cheerfully and Ben walked towards his seat. Riya looked at him and smiled. Ben also smiled at her.

"Can we start now?" - teacher asked teasingly and everyone replied with 'yes sir'.

After few days..... exams are over now. Maths Teacher is going to announce result. Other teachers have already announced their results. Few students were happy with their marks and few were sad. Everyone is nervous now because maths teacher was looking dissapointed.

Teacher angrily - "you want to know your results. Let me tell you something before giving your results. Everyone has failed except one student. I am really dissapointed with everyone's performance. So ,today I will not give your results."

Teacher left the classroom after saying that and everyone widened their eyes including shock. Riya got tensed , then bell rang and everyone started to going to their homes.

Riya was too tensed that tears started falling from her eyes. Nishi and Ira saw this, they came to her and asked worriedly

Ira - "Riya! Why are you crying ?"

Nishi - "what is wrong? Are you feeling unwell?"

"No I am fine." - Riya replied wiping her tears.

"Then why are you crying?" - Nishi asked confusedly.

"Because I failed the maths exam" -

she said stuttering while crying making Nishi and Ira palm their face.

"Didn't you hear everyone failed except one student? Look nobody is crying then why are you?" Ira said pointing at others.

"Yes!!! and it's not clear yet that you failed."- Nishi said.

"No...I know I failed it. You know na... I am no match of others. They are so intelligent and ,also It took me a long time to adjust here. It affected my earlier studies. So know I failed it." - she said sadly looking down.

"Still it's not clear. So stop crying." - Ira said.

"You don't know anything."

Riya said and left to her home while crying, leaving Nishi and Ira confused.

Riya walked inside her home. Her father was sitting on a sofa in living room. When he saw Riya coming silently. he asked about her result.

"We will get it tomorrow." - she mumbled and left towards her room.

She was worried about how she would tell her parents about her exam.

Next day at school...

Riya was still upset. She was sitting silently. Teacher noticed her like that and asked -

"Why are you upset Riya?"

Ira - "sir, she is like this from yesterday. She was crying a lot yesterday."

Teacher - "but why!!  What's the reason?"

"Because you said that everyone has failed except one student."- Nishi said.

"Then why is she crying when she is that student?" - teacher said making everyone shock.

Riya - "what?!!!! She said shockingly and everyone widened their eyes including her."

"Yes you are the only one who passed it." - teacher said praisingly.

"What!  Seriously sir,  tell me you are not joking."-

She said hopefully. Her crying eyes turned into shocking + shining eyes.

"I am not joking. It's true that everyone failed except you. You can smile now and others listen to me.(then he looked at others) Others will get one more chance to do maths exam again. Be prepared for it."-  He said and everyone became happy.

"OK sir... we will work hard for it. We will not disappoint you this time." - everyone shouted in happiness of getting another chance.

You better not. He said and left the classroom and everyone started studying.

Nishi, Ira, and Eva came to Riya and said teasingly - " Are you happy now? Yesterday you were crying like there is no tomorrow. Why don't you have confidence in yourself? Now we should cry because we really failed it."

"Uhm.. Don't say like this. I was just worried." - she said making a cute pout making them lough at her. She also started to laugh.