A Shocking Return

The Errant Venture, Ajan Kloss

Rey  was standing on the bridge and stared outside at the Resistance fleet.  She was curious about what the First Order was planning since they have  been rather quiet lately but she sensed that something was emerging but  what it is she is unsure. Hondo then arrived with Finn and Poe.

"Rey,  we just received a report from our excavation team on the planet  Lothal," Finn said. "They think they have found a map that could help us  stop the First Order."

"Make the jump," Rey said. "Let's get to it before Ren."

As the Resistance arrived, Hondo stood aboard the Errant Venture and monitored the activities from then bridge. Rey, Chewbacca, Finn, Poe, Ahsoka, and Ezra exited the Millennium Falcon and had R2-D2 and BB-8 scan the city to find the hidden map. The two droids then started to beep after completing the scan.

"They found something," Finn said. "It's somewhere in the Capital City."

"Let's go find it," Rey said. "At least Lothal isn't controlled by the First Order."

"Let's hope it stays that way," Ezra said. "I can locate the artifact. Lothal is my home."

"Very well," Ahsoka said. "I know Lothal means so much to you. Lead the way."

Ezra  nodded and had the team proceed across the city. BB-8 and R2 then  continued to scan and noticed that they were getting closer to the map.  They struggled to walk through due to large crowds. As they neared the  artifact, Ezra felt an unusual presence through the force and after a  brief pause he continued to walk.

"Over here," Poe said as they entered an old building full of artifacts. "R2 and BB-8 said this is the map."

Ahsoka then picked it up and examined it. It was a holographic starmap but the route was confusing for them to understand.

"Where is this pointing to?" Finn said. "This planet does not appear on our starmaps."

"I'm not sure," Ahsoka replied. "But we must find out where this is before the First Order does."

"I say we head back to Ajan Kloss immediately," Ezra said.

"I agree," Rey said as she stood up. "Let's get back to the ship."

As they walked back to the Millennium Falcon, Ezra  continued to sense the unusual presence in the force. He then looked  around but saw nothing but hundreds of Lothal citizens just roaming  around the city.

"Ahsoka," Ezra said. "I sense something isn't right. I feel we are being followed."

"Strange," Ahsoka replied. "Because I don't sense anything unusual. This could be a trap, we should be careful."

As they pressed towards what was formerly Old Jho's pit stop, Ezra froze again and continued to look around.

"Stop," Ezra said. "The presence is close, but who I do not know."

"I don't see Ren or Taloh," Rey said. "It could be Ship."

"I'm not sure," Ezra said. "But I feel cold. I haven't felt like this since— AHHH look out!!"

As he ignited his blue lightsaber, Vestara threw her lightsaber at Ezra which the latter deflected it and she caught it.

"An inquisitor!" Ezra exclaimed as he stared at the Sith girl wearing a black leather jacket, a red shirt, and leather pants.

Rey and Ahsoka then ignited their lightsabers while Finn and Poe drew their blasters and pointed them at Vestara.

"Three Jedi?" Vestara said in an overwhelmed tone. "This should be interesting."

As  she launched a few strikes on Ezra, Gavar and Lucian joined with  Vestara now attacking Rey, Gavar attacking Ahsoka, and Lucian attacking  Ezra.

"These aren't inquisitors," Ahsoka exclaimed. "They are Sith."

As  the Sith continued their attacks, Rey who was in possession of the  starmap, tried to defend it but was no match for Vestara's superior  training as the latter grabbed the starmap and jumped over Rey.

"No!" Rey yelled as she charged at Vestara.

She  then tried to reclaim the starmap but Lucian fired a missile from his  wrist rockets which caused Rey and the rest of the Jedi to retreat.

"Hondo,"  Finn said as he tried to blast Lucian who was deflecting Finn's shots.  "We have been ambushed by a team of Sith. They have the starmap,  intercept them before they jump."

"Alright,"  Hondo replied. "Men, prepare to launch fighters to intercept the Sith.  They are escaping in an X-70B Phantom class prototype. Disable the ship  only so that we could activate tractor beams and board it."

As the Resistance pilots and the pirates prepared their ships to depart the Errant Venture,  the Sith began to take off and began to take evasive action against the  X-wings and the pirates. Vestara who is piloting the Phantom,  eliminated three X-wings and three pirate fighters with ease.

"We have lost multiple fighters," an X-wing pilot said. "The Sith appears to be preparing to jump."

"Activate tractor beam," Hondo said. "I have always despised dealing with Sith."

As Vestara noticed that the tractor beam was preparing to pull her ship inside the Errant Venture, she  diverted all power to the engines and made the jump into hyperspace  before the tractor beam could lock onto her ship thus catching one of  the X-wings instead.

"They have escaped," Pirate Synara San said. "And with the starmap."

"I don't like this one bit," Hondo said. "Get me in touch with Rey."

"Have you captured the Sith Hondo?" Rey asked as she appeared as a hologram.

"I'm afraid that they have escaped," Hondo replied in defeat. "Our efforts to find out what was on that map has failed."

"I  don't like where this is heading," Rey said. "If the Sith have truly  returned, we could be on the verge of an eternal conflict."

"What do you suggest we do?" Finn asked. "With the Sith and the First Order combined, we will be unable to stand against them."

"We  must rally more resistance cells," Rey said. "The more we inspire  others to stand together, we can stop the First Order before it is too  late."

"Yes,  yes," Hondo said. "I have always admired your optimism from fellow  Jedi! I will speak to Jool and knowing her, she will definitely send  support. It's time to end this war once and for all!"