Lump

Art was confused for a few moments, and still was when she began to run after Maths.

"Where are you going?" she yelled to them, but they didn't stop running. They didn't even turn around to acknowledge her. They might not have even heard her speak.

Art had to stop for air soon after she'd followed them to the second floor, making the distance between her and Maths larger.

From further along the hall, there was a crash, and a yelp of pain. More confusion clouded her mind. She'd heard Drama say something about ClipClop from above them... then it all seemed to click into place.

Why would Maths attack Drama? Was their shy, pacifistic persona a facade?

Art felt a lump of bile rising in her throat, and, before she knew it, before she could stop herself, she was sobbing. She didn't make any effort to hide it as she finally caught up with Maths, who was pinning Drama to the wall, glaring daggers at her. A few other teachers were gathered around to watch the scene play out.

"Why do you have to ruin everything for me?!" Maths hissed through gritted teeth, practically shaking with anger.

"Ch-chill out man! It's j-just a video!" Drama responded, trying to keep her tone nonchalant, but the tremors in her voice were loud and clear.

More teachers began to crowd around, whispering and muttering, but not attempting to stop the fight.

Art walked out of the crowd and towards Maths. They turned towards her, the residue of the glare they'd been pointing at Drama still on their face as they whipped their head around. The scowl faded when they noticed the tears welling in Art's eyes, and the sound of breath catching in her throat as she tried to breathe.