The Fury of Painting

"Hello, I'm Rob Boss, and welcome to the FURY of painting! Let's start out by running all the COLOURS across the SCREEN that you need to paint along with us. Now, I've covered my 18 BY 24 INCH PRE-STRETCHED CANVAS with a thin coat of LIQUID WHITE-"

Maths stood before their computer; they had been researching art tutorials for paintings Art would like, and eventually found a diamond in the rough; a painting of a beautiful sakura tree, it's head curved slightly downwards in the force of the breeze, like a willow over a lake.

Art had a mini sakura tree in a pot on her desk, so Maths figured this painting would be perfect.

They'd ransacked Art's classroom for paint, brushes, and an easel when she wasn't there, and, once the heist was complete, they arranged the easel, put the computer on their desk, and played the video.

"Now, cover that DAMN 2 INCH BRUSH with some PRUSSIAN BLUE or NO SUPPER BEFORE BED TONIGHT! Using crisscross strokes, create a FURIOUS little sky, YA HEAR?!"

***

Maths exhaled a sigh of relief as the video finished. It had taken half an hour to paint in its entirety, which meant their next lesson would be in about seven minutes, so they had to deliver the painting to Art's classroom with haste.

Now, their finished piece didn't look the best; it was quite pale in comparison to Rob's, but it was... decent.

In Rob's painting, the leaning sakura sat upon a light green hill, with pink petals on the grass blades. The breeze made a whirlwind of cherry blossom petals around the tree's trunk. Hay yellow and dark green bushes sprouted over the tree's roots. The sky was a bright blue, with wispy clouds scattered around and yellow and green hills rolling below.

In Maths' painting, the darker pink highlights on the sakura were in all the wrong places, the tree was leaning to the wrong side, and the hills were all in the same colour.

Art will still like it, Maths reassured themselves. It's the thought that counts, after all.

When Maths reached Art's classroom to deposit their borrowed art supplies and their gift, panting with the effort of carrying their cargo, to their surprise, they couldn't see Art through the glass of the door; she was still absent from her classroom, despite the fact there were only 4 minutes until period 5 began.

Maths wasn't complaining; they were grateful that Art wasn't there to see them leave their gift, they felt it would be more impactful if it was a surprise; plus, she might kill them if she realised they had borrowed some of her art supplies without her knowledge! But, they were still confused.

After returning the art supplies where they had found them and left their gift leaning against Art's desk, Maths returned to their classroom.

A/N: If you couldn't tell from this chapter and 'Just our Luck!', I really love describing landscapes.