Eating for Three

They were lying on the soapy Chemistry classroom floor when they blinked awake.

Did I black out? Physics thought.

Why did those idiots have to be so stubborn? they heard Biology say. But... there was no sound coming into Physics' ears. Yet, they knew words were being said. It was almost... dream-like...

I'm right here, you know! He heard Chemistry 'say'.

But that's impossible! I was thinking!

Physics felt their own body moving outside of their control; they felt their body get up and look down at the mess on the floor. They tried to move their legs, but they wouldn't move.

Why can't I control myself? And why can we hear each other thinking?

I can't control myself either! Physics didn't know anybody who could think furiously until he heard Biology think that.

Zat's weird. I can control myself just fine.

Weird, because I don't see you.

I can't see you or Biology.

Well, I can't- great. Chem thought.

Physics felt their body involuntarily walk towards the stool where Biology was sitting. They saw two hands, that they realised with a jolt were not their own hands, pick up the phone that was sitting on the stool.

One finger flicked the phone screen to the camera.

Then they saw a face. A face that they knew wasn't their's.

Dark blue skin. Three eyes.

It's as I thought. Ze effects of ze alkali have caused us to... merge. Chemistry concluded at long last.

The sudden thought that it was somebody else controlling the body he was in made Physics feel sick.

Have some self-control Physics, I can taste your catarrh in my throat.

Zat is gross.

It's not like I can control it! This is a pretty sickening experience if I do say so myself! Physics thought with sass, and the body swallowing the catarrh beyond his control ironically made him feel sick again.

Think of the possibilities! Biology declared. We could get three people into the movie theatre for the price of one!

Do we have to eat three times as much like this? Even if we do get into, say, a restaurant for the price of one, we can't just say "hey, I'm eating for three people, could I have-"

You're thinking, not writing an essay.

"Eating for three" makes zit sound like we're pregnant.

That could work! Biology exclaimed with more enthusiasm than usual.

No. Physics thought firmly.

At zis, size, we could win any fist fight.

I, personally, am not looking to get into any fist fights, fused or not.

Hearing Chemistry chuckle in his thoughts was very strange.

So, uhm... Biology thought, How do we turn back?

Simple! I have an antidote in ze cupboard.

So, you anticipated this would happen? Physics teased playfully.

Well...

Once the three unfused, Physics being in his own body felt like a strange sensation. It felt unreal to be able to control his arms and legs, and they felt cold and tingly from lack of use.

                                     ***

Biology was looked at a photo of Science's, the name they gave themselves when fused, drowsy, goofy looking face. They must have accidentally taken a picture while trying to see what they looked like.

Biology tossed her phone carelessly onto her bedside table, and flopped onto her side. She didn't want to think about them together, it just made her wistful.

A/N: By the way, the beginning of the flashback takes place during "You are Too Hot" (that's what the boom English heard from the Chemistry classroom was) and the end of the flashback takes place after "Eyes on the Skies". Also, if you think this was inspired by gem fusions from Steven Universe, that's because it is. Writing this while listening to SU songs on loop was a vibe.