Cupboard

Biology rounded the corner into a different corridor, so that the two others could not see her as she watched for their reactions.

She hadn't meant to have that outburst. She hadn't meant to say what she said. But they didn't know that, and there was no way she was going to tell them.

She felt like hurling when she realised that there was a gathering of students giggling on the other side of the hall. Biology grumbled. She would find an excuse to give them detentions later.

Chemistry stomped off, back towards his classroom, and Physics just stood there.

Biology decided she should probably leave.

She didn't know where she was running to, she simply ran.

Before she knew it, she had ended up in the PE hall. Why did her conscience take her here?

She had no time to dwell on the strange nature of her intuition, because she could hear people coming. Impulsively, she rushed into the PE storage cupboard, just as PE and Music walked into the hall.

"...if we can't do anything about it, what's the point?" Biology could hear the muffled voice of PE.

"Surely we can do something? It's the right thing to do. We could tell the headteacher-"

"No!" PE interjected starkly. "We can't tell her. Business trusts PSHE far too much, she'd never believe us!"

Music sighed. "Maybe this whole situation is one big misunderstanding?" he said shakily, not looking sure of his own words.

PE did that excruciatingly annoying thing where he cranes his neck to talk to anybody shorter than him.

"We could monitor the old bat's behaviour to see if this is a one time thing, or if she does it again. We might also find her motives that way."

"What if she finds out?" Music said nervously.

Then, he did that other annoying thing where he pretends he's a flawless hero in a storybook:

"Then I'll hold her down with my supreme strength and make sure she doesn't hurt anyone." he said unironically.

Music made a subtle movement to the side.

"Uhm- then I guess that's settled, I'll be going now, toodle-oo!" he said hastily, rushing out of the hall.

"Wait!" PE exclaimed, running after him.

Biology stayed in the equipment cupboard
for a few minutes.

They were talking about PSHE. Was that why her subconscious decided to take her here?

She smiled. For once, her subconscious was on her side.