Eyes on the Skies

Drama caught her breath after yelling. Now, she was alone in the MUGA with English.

"She can use you as a weapon." Art's words echoed in her head. Was that why she had felt drawn to befriend English? She looked up at him, deep in thought.

"Are you... Are you hurt anywhere else?" English asked, breaking the awkward atmosphere.

Drama shook her head.

"I'm sorry about... not listening to your idea about how to confront them." English said, avoiding Drama's gaze. "I... just... well... I suppose I was a bit too eager. I just really wanted to be taken seriously, and-"

"It's not true, by the way." Drama interrupted. "What Art said about me. I genuinely think you're... cool. In your own weird little way. It's just a shame nobody else can tell."

English smiled, but he still avoided Drama's gaze. Drama suppressed a sigh.

"Thank you for trying. Thank you for putting all that effort into confronting them. It's the thought that counts."

English still had his eyes on the skies.

"I'm serious! I mean it! That's not something anybody else would do for me."

English continued to stare into the sky.

Drama sighed. No way she was about to do this.

"After all... Shakespeare once said; 'My Words Fly Up, My Thoughts Remain Below. Words Without Thoughts Never To Heaven Go.'."

English kept staring. For a moment, Drama lost hope in consoling him. Then English snorted. Then he smiled. Then he started to laugh.

His laughter was infectious, and soon, Drama was giggling as well.

"I always knew you were a thespian at heart, Drama." English said after his chuckling fit.

"Oh, w-well... I just heard it from you." Drama said sheepishly, smiling modestly.

"It's getting cold out here. Let's head back to the building."