Chapter 17-Part 4

As time went on, the main reason for the party needed to be fulfilled. Damla assembled everyone for the gender reveal of the baby. On stage stood Jenk and Jemre holding a large black balloon with "boy" or "girl" written on it. All the guests stood down the stage, eagerly awaiting the reveal.

Jeren stood at the front, feeling a slight brush against her shoulder. Turning, she saw Nedim slipping in beside her, his eyes fixed on the stage, but his sneaky smile betrayed his intentions.

Her smile widened as she looked at him, and then she lightly bumped his shoulder to get his attention. When he turned to her, Jeren glanced around discreetly before signaling with her eyes that they could catch them. Nedim mouthed to her that everyone was busy and no one would notice. She giggled and moved closer to him, ready to enjoy the moment together.

It was much more enjoyable sneaking around without being noticed by anyone.

As the moment arrived, Jenk and Jemre popped the balloon, revealing a cascade of blue confetti and glitter, indicating it was a boy! The couple jumped into each other's arms, hugging tightly. Jemre cried tears of happiness while Jenk held her close, his own eyes glistening with tears. The audience erupted into cheers and applause, and family members hugged each other, congratulating themselves on the arrival of the baby boy.

"Congratulations, Aunt," whispered Nedimed into Jeren's ears, seizing the chance to hug her once more without anyone raising an objection.

Jeren whispered back, "Congratulations to you too, Uncle," as she continued to hug him, standing on her toes to try to bridge the height difference, even with her high heels. They embraced the moment, relishing it for all it was worth.

Damla's Voice cracked, and Jeren & Nedim subtly drifted apart from each other. She continued to invite everyone to the buffet for lunch and the open dance floor afterwards, the moment momentarily overshadowed by the emotional atmosphere.

Still locking eyes, Nedim asked, "Would you like to dance?" Observing some guests already on the dance floor, he sensed Jeren's inclination towards dancing over dining. Giggling, Jeren nodded eagerly, her response all the assurance he needed. With a gentle tug of her hand, he led her to the dance floor, both of them immersing themselves in the lively, energetic music.

Lost in the rhythm, they swayed to the pulsating beat, their laughter blending seamlessly with the music's infectious energy. Oblivious to their surroundings, they continued to dance without a care in the world.

Arriving at the scene late due to her work issues, Cello's eyes scanned the area with an apologetic smile aimed at the Karachay family and Jemre. However, her heart sank when she spotted her boyfriend deeply engrossed in dancing with Jeren, seemingly without a care in the world and not noticing her absence.

A pang of disappointment washed over her as she realized she had been missed.

Damla was the first to notice the disappointment on her friend's face, her gaze following Cello's to where her boyfriend was shamelessly dancing with the Miss-I-Know-everything!

Her anger flared at Nedim's behavior with Jeren, evident in the sharpness of her gaze and the tension in her stance as she watched them dance.

'Nedim was unbelievably stupid! Jeren only wanted his attention to satisfy her ego, after that, she would ditch him and break his heart all over again!'Damla seethed, her frustration evident in her thoughts as she struggled to comprehend his actions.

Before acknowledging Cello's presence, Damla marched toward her brother, intent on snapping him out of his reckless behavior.

A sharp tap on his shoulder brought his dancing to an abrupt halt, and he turned to see his sister's angry expression. The tension was palpable, causing even Jeren to withdraw slightly.