Chapter 5

Nedim woke up early; he was frozen, it was snowing heavily outside, and in the weather news, they were expecting to have a blizzard in a few days; the house was cold and quiet, he took a hot shower to warm himself and wear his black pullover, grey...

Nedim woke up early; he was frozen, it was snowing heavily outside, and in the weather news, they were expecting to have a blizzard in a few days; the house was cold and quiet, he took a hot shower to warm himself and wear his black pullover, grey sweatpants, and socks,

"It's getting colder day by day; I need to check the heating system down here," he told himself.

When he entered the kitchen, it was empty, with no coffee in the coffeemaker; he made coffee and looked in the direction of the office. It was dark, the curtains were closed, and the door was partly open. She wasn't there.

'Where did she go?' It's unusual of her" he checked in the dining area, so her laptop closed.'Hmmm, maybe she is still sleeping?'

Then he went to the living room he heard a low weeping and moaning, then he saw her, in her Pajama and oversized cardigan, on the sofa curled in the fetal position."Are you ok?" he asked, a little concerned; her cat was sleeping near her head.

"Do you think I am Ok? I am dying here," she whines more. He came and stood in front of her looking at her; her hair was on her face, and she looked in so much pain.

"Did your period come?" he asked.

She snapped her head, looking at him surprised."How did you know?"

Nedim raised an eyebrow at her like saying, 'Is she joking?'"I have a sister, and besides yesterday you bought pads, "

Ceren dropped her head, moaning more." I will die," she cried.' the cramps were getting worse by the minute.'

"No one dies from their period."

"But I will die from pain" She cried more.

He rolled his eyes." Take some painkillers," she hid her face on the pillows.

"I can't; it will stop, then It will hurt more," he sighed and went to the kitchen, pouring coffee for himself, then took another cup. After 5 minutes, he came.

"Take this," he offered her a cup; she looked at him from under her hair.

"What is this ?" she looked at the steaming cup in his hand.

"It's ginger tea; it will help with pain and blood flow" she sat down and took it.

"How do you know all that?", Nedim shook his head.

"I just told you I have a sister; how long is your period ? and for how long does the pain stay?" she took a sip; it warmed her body immediately. 

Ceren was grateful for his existence."4 days. It's mostly the first two days. Do you do this for Damla?" removing her hair from her face and adjusting herself more on the sofa.

"Yep, " he sat on the opposite side of her.

"Why does my ass brother don't do any of that? When he has two sisters," she continued drinking her tea.