Ch. 15

Roni POV

I could handle my alcohol well. But chugging half a bottle of tequila was definitely pushing it.

I couldn't believe what I had just done to Chelsea. And even less so what I had said to Kyle.

Or what Colby did to protect me.

I stumbled slightly into the bathroom. Feeling dizzy and my head pounding against my skull. I was coming down and I was coming down HARD.

Alcohol tended to hit fast and leave fast.

I shuffled to the hall where I found a face cloth in the closet beside the bathroom, then went to the sink and wet it. I opened the medicine cabinet connected to the mirror and looked for some sort of pain killer.

I could barely read the damn bottles.

I pulled down a bottle of ibprophen and poured out two, popping them into my mouth and bending down to drink from the sink. I splashed water on my face before snatching the bottle and rag and walking back to the living room where Colby sat on the couch.

He had his head in his hands. I frowned. His head probably hurt just as bad as mine.

"Here..." I mumbled and set down the bottle of painkillers then went to grab a glass of water from the kitchen.

When I came back to him, I sat down on my knees in front of him and handed him the glass, he looked up and took the glass from me, popping two pills in his mouth and chugging half the glass of water.

I glanced at his knuckles and face, trying to examine the damage. I guess I was frowning because he said,

"Don't frown, I don't like when you frown..." he spoke so softly, so quietly and reached up to push the corner of my mouth up.

I felt my cheek flush slightly. I closed my eyes and leaned into his hand slightly. "I don't like when you get beat up..." I flickered my eyes open to him.

He was starring at me intensely. I pressed my lips together and took his hand from my face, looking it over, then grabbed the towel and gently pressed it to the open flesh. He hissed and I winced at the sound.

"Sorry.." I mumbled. He pressed his lips together.

I moved on to the other hand and again he hissed. I bit my lip, wincing a bit again.

I got up to rinse the rag, then came back to him. I sat between his legs, up on my knees. I examined his face, feeling his eyes burn on mine.

I gently held his cheek and wiped at a small cut on his left cheek bone, he shut the same eye and groaned softly, I pulled it away. I frowned softly before biting my lip and slowly pressing it down again.

His hands were on his knees, grabbing tightly. I slid the rag across his cheek and he grunted, one cold hand grabbing onto my hip tightly.

I gasped softly "sorry.." I mumbled, face burning. He watched me as I tried to concentrate on cleaning his cheek.

His grip softened but he kept his hand on my hip. I gnawed on my lip again, holding his jaw and bringing the rag to his split lip.

He parted his lips softly as I ran the rag across it. I shifted on my knees slightly as I felt his eyes study me.

I dared look up into his. I practically lost my breath.

I couldn't tell what the look he was giving me was. Pity? Sadness? Anger?

Want?

I gulped softly and dropped my eyes to his lip, then back to his gaze, my hands basically cupping his cheeks.