02.

"y/n! y/n! you're back!!!" b/n said as i took off my shoes in front of the door.

i smiled as i scooped up b/n from the ground into my arms. i could feel my battery recharging just from seeing b/n.

"i missed you too. did you eat the food i left for you? did you do your coloring book? did you-"

"yep yep yeeeeeppp, i did!! are you gonna leave for work again? when will you be back?"

my expression fell the moment i heard 'work'.

"yeah, i'll be at work today. i'll be back really soon. i'm gonna make dinner really quick okay? do the next page in your coloring book."

"okayyyy!"

i sighed as i rummaged through one of the cabinets of our flat. we only had one can of spam left.

'fuck.. i'll have to go to the grocery store soon. do we even have enough money for more spam?'

as i finished making dinner for b/n i realized just how late i was. 4:50.  i'm supposed to be there at 5:00. 

"OH SHI- i mean oh no! i'm gonna be late to work. b/n, come here and eat your dinner. when you're done, go wash your face and get ready for bed. i'll be back soon!"

"okay bye bye!"

i barely missed the train to get to work. today i would work at the mikages and then i would work at the restaurant the day after. and i still have homework from school due the day after as well.

i sighed as i sat down in the chair, bouncing my leg up and down nervously. what if ba-ya ends up getting mad at me again? will i finally lose my job?

i leaned back into the back of the seat, trying to calm down and think of an excuse to tell ba-ya. maybe i should just tell her that i have a little brother at home. better yet, i should ask to bring him to work. maybe ba-ya is weak to children.

my leg accidentally touched the person's leg next to me as i plotted my escape from ba-ya's wrath. i looked over at a boy my age that had blue hair and blue eyes and bowed my head in apology. the boy also apologized with a quick "sorry". i felt him staring a bit more before looking away.

'why did he stare at me after that? weird.'

"L/N Y/N. WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT BEING LATE? YOU REALLY WANT TO GET FIRED DON'T YOU? YOU KNOW I WASN'T KIDDING ABOUT GETTING FIRED RIGHT?"

i flinched as i opened the employee locker and took my housekeeping outfit out. should i say my excuse?

"i'm sorry ba-ya. i have a little brother at home that i have to take care of. please let me off the hook this time."

'please work. please work.'

"IF YOU HAD A LITTLE KID AT HOME THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID THAT WHEN YOU ACCEPTED THE JOB! USING IT AS AN EXCUSE NOW WON'T WORK."

i flinched and looked down at my shoes, immediately starting to panic. ba-ya was really pissed now. if i lose this job, then i lose the main source of income for b/n and i. we need the money badly. i can't let this happen.

"huh? ba-ya, what's the problem? i never hear you raise your voice."

a boy with purple hair walked in along with a tall boy with white hair glued to his phone.

"young master!  this housekeeping boy here is always late! if this keeps up, he's going to be fired!"

'he's the young master?! mikage reo?! shit shit shit-'

i bowed my head nervously at THE mikage reo, fiddling with my hands.

"wait a second. lift your head up boy."

he placed two fingers under my chin and raised my head up. i looked up directly at him in fear. what is he doing?!

"i remember you from this afternoon! you're the random student who passed the ball back to me and nagi at the football field! that was a really good pass!"

'WHAT? WHEN? WHERE? HOW?'

i probably looked dumb in front of the young master because i know my jaw dropped.

"ohh that guy? yeah that was a good pass. if i were the one catching it, i wouldn't have to move an inch." the white hair guy said without looking away from his phone screen.

i looked back and forth between mikage reo and the white-haired ipad kid. what are they saying right now? am i tweaking or something? i thought my life was going to end for good.

"hey ba-ya, you won't mind if i steal this housekeeping boy for a little hm? me and nagi are gonna have a good conversation with him." mikage reo said, grabbing my wrist.

"n-no, go ahead young master. i'll be outside if you need me." ba-ya said while giving me the most aggressive side eye i had ever seen.

mikage reo grinned and dragged me and the white-haired ipad kid up in the direction of the stairs. what the hell are we going to 'talk' about?

3.03.2024

i must be crazy motivated or something cause why did i post this at 12 in the morning