13.

song rec: vibin by youngjae

a very upbeat song that's honestly summer coded 😝 if you wanna feel like it's summer then you should listen to this song fr 😋

"at the end of all ten matches, the top two teams will get to remain here and the bottom three will be eliminated. all their team members will be forced to leave blue lock.."

"and upon leaving, they will lose their right to represent japan."

"however, players from the three losing teams will have a chance for a comeback. once all the matches are over, each team will have a 'scoring king'.

"whoever scores the most goals on each team gets to move on to the next round."

"if there's a tie between members of the same team, we'll use a 'fair play point system'. if a yellow card is received, one point will be deducted. if two yellow cards are received in the same match, three points will be deducted. if a red card is received, four points will be deducted. whoever has the least penalty points will be the winner."

"'my own goals' or 'the team's victory'.. this selection will test your destinies as strikers."

"this is a battle to rebuild football from zero. the first match is in two hours:

team x versus team z."

a silence descended upon the team. two hours wasn't a lot of time.

"well, what do we do now?" imamura asked.

there was another silence. mr ego really knew how to put the pressure on us.

"..let's start with choosing the positions. who wants-" kuon said.

"I WANNA BE THE FORWARD!" raichi cut in.

"it's obviously going to be me, dumbass." kunigami said, glaring at raichi.

not this again..

"WHY I OUGHTA-!"

ding dong ding dong

"l/n y/n. please come to the medical check room."

.

.

.

anri teiri examined my ankle. she just came back from the JFU press conference.

"does it still hurt when you walk?" she asked, slightly moving it to the left.

"..not really." i replied, slightly wincing as she checked my reaction.

i thought i was in trouble when i got called. guess not.

"..in that case, you can still play for team z in your match today. however, you must wear your brace and be careful. if the injury worsens, you may have to be pulled out of the next matches in the first selection."

"i will apply a temporary pain relieving spray against your ankle just this once. come back to the medical check room once your match is finished."

anri sprayed the pain reliever on my ankle, securing the ankle brace over it afterwards. it was cold in a somewhat soothing way. i got up from the examination table and tested my ankle. it didn't hurt surprisingly.