Chapter Eighty Two

Lyra

My fists balled up, my nails digging into my palm.

I ignored him, turning to my left and going towards the other set of doors.

I couldn't breath.

I couldn't see.

I couldn't think.

No matter how hard I tried, it felt like I chocking.

The door closed behind me a second time when I was a few from it.

"Lyra, what's wrong?" I heard his voice.

His voice broke my heart more, it made me so angry as his words rang through my head.

Over and over, and over again.

I kept walking, before I felt his hand on my arm, pulling me back gently.

"Keep your hands off of me. I mean it." I snapped, jumping back from him.

My voice on the edge of cracking.

Hurt covered his face. "What's going on? Are you okay, Baby?"

"I dont know, River. Actually, please enlighten me on your top secret game."

"What are you talking about? Do you now how much I love you?" He tried to touch me again, but I moved back again. "You have saved me in more ways than you can imagine, you are my everything. My entire world."

"You don't love me, you never did. I seen the video. The three of us actually. In case you didn't know, you were being filmed in the changing room."

I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to ease myself as my heart broke watching the man I was so in love with lie to me.

He used me. Played me.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He shook his head, those curls bouncing. His eyes dark.

"How undesirable about I really? Is that the title? The most undesirable desirable? How exactly is that determined? How much do they know?"

All the color drained from his face.

"Lyra, you have to let me explain. Please."

"Do you still have the group chat on your phone?"

"Can we talk about this at home? Please."

"At home?" I started laughing as I reached around my neck, unclasping my necklace. "You and, I are done. I never want to see you again." I ripped it from my neck, throwing it at his chest.

"I didn't want any part of it. I drunkly agreed, I've told him I'm done, I've told him-"

"How much do they know? Did you share my pictures with them too? Did you laugh about those with them? Did you laugh about my father's friend touching me? About my panic attacks? The scars-"

I struggled to get my words out as my throat tightened.

I told him so much. So much they probably knew.

That Emily probably knew too.

"I would never do that, Lyra. I love you. I love you so fucking much. Callen's a piece of shit-"

"This is on you. Stop blaming everyone else for your actions." I finally snapped. "You agreed. You did what you did. You are the sole reason we are broken up. You're just like Emily, like my sister. I don't know why I actually believed you weren't cut from the same cloth."

He closed his mouth.

"Stay away from me, River. I mean it. I don't want anything to do with you. As soon as I graduate, I hope I never see you again."