chapter one \|/ checking in

OLD NUMBER SEVEN..
-The Devil Makes Three

IT WAS DUSK.. The only thing keeping Lucifer awake was the occasional bump of the carriage, jolting the cart as they travelled down the dirt path. It was a long couple of days, and Charlie was eager to get to their place.

Achilles Inn. A WARRIOR TAKES IN THE WEAK! Their slogan read on the piece of paper that was clutched in the blondes pocket. He particularly only chose it because of his servant, Achilles. The inn was shaped like a cottage, and it was built like a mansion. The place was huge, and housed wealthy and non-wealthy people from all over the globe. It sat in New Orleans.

"Sir! We are coming up on your destination!" One of the men who were leading a horse yelled.

'Finally.' Lucifer hummed, and patted his daughter's head, who was leaning against him and sleeping.

"Charlie, it's time to get up, apple." Lucifer sang, brushing the girls hair. Charlie stirred in her deep sleep, but didn't show any signs of waking up. As they began to slow to a stop, Lucifer couldn't bring himself to wake his daughter up.

"We've arrived, Sir Magne." The horseman yelled again, the carriage slowing to a stop. Lucifer carefully picked up Charlie, choosing to not wake her up. They had a long ride.

"Why, hello Mr. Magne! It's is an honor to finally meet the man!" A man eagerly greeted as soon as Lucifer stepped a foot out the door.

"Is that your daughter? Why, we have a person for that! Somebody, go get Nifty!" The man called behind him, and Lucifer stood a minute to take in the scenery. It was almost dark out, the sun had just set and the color of the sky covered by the gray clouds. The sky didn't change the graceful appearance of the Inn though, the big letters and slogan heavily lit by the amount of Edison string lights that surrounded the cottage-looking palace. Palace was an exaggeration, but the building looked as elegant as one.

There was a large porch that stood to the side, and it looked like it wrapped around the entire place. On a particularly busy side, there was a variety of people standing and sitting down, eating or swaying with a partner to a hum of a tune.

"That is our parlor, however there are far more people inside then out! See, we are also a very successful restaurant." The owner boasted, putting out his hand to greet the short blonde.

"I'm Peleus, pleasure to meet you, sir." Lucifer took his hand and nodded, obviously exhausted.

"Hi there, I'm Nifty!" A short, just as short as Lucifer, red-head greeted, excitingly greeting Lucifer.

"This is Nifty, she is one of our maids. She also babysits customers." Peleus smiled, and motioned towards Nifty.

"I can show you to your room, Sir, let these men carry the luggage." She bubbly said, opening her arms wide. Lucifer tilted his head, and Nifty giggled.

"I can take her for now, sir." Nifty just stared with her arms wide, waiting for Lucifer. "Oh. Alright." Lucifer cringed at himself and carefully put Charlie in Nifty's arms.

"Right this way, Sir!" She whispered, but still managed to have an energetic tone. As they approached the building, Lucifer noticed the beautiful scenery of flowers and trees of many kinds surrounding the Inn.

"What about a short tour of our main areas? It will only take a minute." Nifty shrugged, and Lucifer let himself be dragged around.

"Here, is our lobby. You check in here, and to the right is our restaurant area. Beyond that is the bar and dance floor, set with a stage. Right now is our warm up crew singing, but later tonight we have a family favorite! I wouldn't miss it if I were you." Nifty rambled, and Lucifer studied the grand area.

Looking at the mass of tables and booths, he noticed the brown aesthetic of the place. All the waiters and waitresses were dressed in a white dress shirt and brown vest, ( the ladies supporting a brown corset that went snug around their waist) and the chairs all had dark green cushions. It was very neat, in Lucifer's opinion.

As he gazed at one of the waiters, the waiter turned around, meeting Lucifer's gaze in an instant. The male held a soft smile, which quickly turned into a grin as he met Lucifer's gaze. The man was a handsome, light skinned male who supported a brown haired under cut. he wore circled glasses, and Lucifer quickly noticed, he was the only one who had a stripped dress shirt. The man waved at Lucifer, and Lucifer gasped and looked away, flustered.

"Mr. Magne? Helloooo~?" Nifty poked his arm and Lucifer jumped.

"Yes, dear?" Nifty looked like she was gonna explode in happiness.

"Anywho, to our left is the ballroom. Sometimes when we have big parties, for weddings and such, they will take place here, and then slowly move to the diner floor as people pass out." Nifty shrugged, and even the beauty of the ball room couldn't distract him from what she just said.

"Pass out? People do that?" Lucifer furrowed his eyebrows in shock. Nifty just giggled at him.

"Yes, well sometimes our parties last for a couple of days. No more than 4! that's the rule.. But it's the staffs responsibility to drag the people out to their respected room!" Nifty smiled, and instantly shut up when Charlie stirred.

"I should get her to your room-" Nifty was loudly interrupted by the gumble of Lucifer's stomach. Nifty giggled.

"Your room number is 167. I'll take her to sleep and get her situated, and you can get a bite to eat." Nifty smiled brightly at Lucifer.

"Alright then.. My apologies." Nifty scoffed, then turned away. "Don't worry about it Sir, It's my pleasure." And with that, the red-head walked away.

-
1005

First chapter!

thank you for reading and let me know what u think!