chapter 3 \|/ breath of smoke

"FOURTH OF JULY"
—Sound garden

Alastor sat outside, away from the parlor, smoking a cigarette.

(the parlor had no one eating anymore anyways.)

He had quite the evening. After he picked up the surprisingly light short man, he ran into Nifty who was just leaving his room and entering the elevator.

"Ah! Alastor! I was just babysitting his daughter, i'll take care of him too for you!" Nifty bubbly said, shaking with anticipation. Alastor raised an eyebrow, surprised he still had his daughter.

"Ah, as you wish my dear. How can you be so energetic at such an hour?" Alastor let Nifty led him to the room.

"Ohhhh Alastor, the night has only just begun! After I take care of him, I'll go and join the party!! I wonder if there are any bad boys.." Nifty jumped up in down, and giggled darkly at the last bit.

"Oh, im sure there will be plenty of them for you dear." Alastor chuckled, raising an eyebrow at the girl.

Alastor chuckled at the memory at the girl, who was surely already back and at the party. Taking another drag, Alastor hummed and the sound of footsteps behind him.

"Hey." A deep voice reached in Alastor's pocket and took his box of cigarettes and lighter, lighting his own. The man had a light gray beard, with dark gray and black streaks through the mix. His hair looked similar. He was wearing a dress shirt and a vest, much like the rest of the employees here, only leaving a few buttons loose on the obviously tight suit.

"Watch yourself, Husker, my dear friend." Alastor grinned at the grumble that followed. Husk rolled his eyes and took his own drag, handing Alastor his things back.

"Whatever. I finally got my break, only to talk to you. Lucky me." Husk frowned, sarcasm dripping in his voice.

"Lucky you indeed! Anything you want to talk about?" Alastor hummed and took a seat on the many lawn chairs that were scattered around.

"Yeah, you. Did you know you were flirting with the man that owns basically the whole country?" Husk narrowed his eyes, taking another drag. Alastor sat in silence and let the words sink in.

"Hmm.. What an amazing observation..That was flirting?" Alastor raised a brow and shrugged. Husk exhaled smoke and blew in it Alastor's face, who felt the urge to grab the chair he was sitting in and bash his head with it.

"That's what your concerned about? Wow, I never took you as an idiot." Husk scoffed, crossing his arms and leaning against the railing that separated them from the grass.

"He's rather charming. A devil in temptation, hmm?" Alastor hummed and put out his cigarette on the arm of the chair.

"Yeah, if he can charm you." Husk chuckled, and Alastor just glared, not finding the amuse.

"He is my partner for the live event of the party this fateful night." Alastor hummed and looked down at his nails.

"Shit.. How is Mimzy gonna react to her 'Alastor' not dancing with her?" Husk mocked in a high pitched tone.

"Ah.. She will understand." Alastor shurgged and Husk rolled his eyes, clearly not believing the light skinned male.

"Who will you be dancing with then, my very judgement-ful fellow?" Alastor hummed and stood up. Husk's eyes widened and he stuttered for a moment, a light blush coating his cheeks.

"None of your business.. Wanna join in for a couple drinks?" Husk quickly changed the subject, already walking towards the exit.

"I'm afraid not, I have to go freshen up in my room then I shall join afterwards." Husk shrugged and left.

Alastor grinned darkly at seeing the familiar man on the dancefloor, drunk, and stumbling out of the tavern doors.

Alastor would not be arriving to his room to soon, it seemed.

652

favorites!! i wonder who husk is dancing with.. cough cough anyway