chapter 10 \|/ dinner mischief

"DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF ME.."
—Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong

Lucifer giggled lightly, his mind quickly fusing with the alcohol.

Yeah, he was a light weight. So what? Some people have weaknesses too.

(Atleast that's what he told himself.)

As Lucifer glanced around the diner, he caught himself being entranced by the red surrounding his vision.

Red that was reminding himself of something.

"Hey.." Lucifer looked up at Alastor from across the table, batting his eyelashes. He was currently conversing with Charlie about her drawings.

Oh yeah, Charlie was right there.

They both looked up and Alastor raised an eyebrow at the tone. Lucifer's eyes danced from Charlie to Alastor, realization of this situation slowly sinking in.

"Uh.. Nevermind..~" Lucifer still managed to get in a smirk, folding his hands and resting his elbows on the table. Lucifer set his chin ontop of his hands, smirking smugly at the man infront of him.

And boy was he captivating.

How did Lucifer not notice before? The piece of meat infront of him. Alastor was handsome, like really really handsome. Super hand—

"Alright darling." Lucifer's face tinted a deep red at the nickname, again getting entranced by the man in front of him.

Suddenly a dish was served infront of them, knocking lucifer out of his trance.

"Homemade Jambalaya, courtesy of the owner. She'll be out in a minute." Daisy smiled, taking out her pad of paper.

"What would y'all like to eat on this fine evening?" Lucifer pointed at his drink, and Daisy nervously nodded.

"I'll get another one of these.. And whatever he gets. Charlie dear, tell her what you want." Lucifer slurred his words, earning him a eyebrow raise.

"Uhh.. I'll have a chicken sandwhich please.." Charlie muttered, looking down at her hands

"Speak up, Sweetheart." Lucifer whispered, making eye contact with a slightly angered Alastor.

"C-Chicken sandwhich, please." Charlie stuttered, tugging on her dress.

"Thank you so much sweetie. And you Sir?" Daisy patted Charlie's shoulder, earning a smile on her tiny features.

"Tell Rosie I'll take my signature. He will have some hmm.. chicken soup." Alastor shrugged, picking the first meal he laid his eyes on.

"Thank you Sir, we will get that out as fast as we can." Daisy smiled, ruffling Charlie's hair and walking off. They sat in an awkward silence for a moment, Lucifer desperately avoiding the sharp eyes glaring at him. Instead he looked at Charlie.

"See, Sweetie if your going to run a couple countries and regions, your first step is speaking up." Lucifer grinned, taking another sip of his almost done margarita.

"She spoke up plenty, in my opinion." Alastor's smile twisted into one of grimace, obviously trying to knock Lucifer into his own senses.

"Ha! Well, it is your opinion." Lucifer cringed in his own asshole-ness.

"Well, it is also my opinion that it is completely ridiculous to speak to your child about running countries when she's this young." Alastor rolled his eyes, poking his fork in the jambalaya and taking a bite. Lucifer felt his eye twitch, an idea forming into his drunken head. Taking a sip of his (now finished) margarita, he folded his arms on the table and leaned forward.

"Cmon. Give me a bite." Lucifer grinned, leaning even closer to Alastor.

"Hmm. Look at your father Charlie. Does he always get like this?" Alastor smirked as Charlie finally laughed, once again smiling brightly at Alastor.

"I'll draw him!" Charlie hugged Darry tight and started to scribble in her book.

"Hmm.. Now what do we say?" Alastor stuck his fork and scooped out a bite for a Lucifer.

"Please..? Y'know I've never had Jambalaya befo—" As Lucifer's mouth formed into an O, Alastor stuck the fork down his throat, snickering in the process. Alastor waited for Lucifer to take the food, which he did with a sharp glare. Alastor slowly removed the fork and continued to eat.

"Before." Lucifer talked with his mouth full, earning a piece of rice to land on his lip. Alastor quickly took his opportunity.

"You've got something, my dear king." Alastor used his thumb to pick the clump of rice off his lip, proceeding to shove his thumb into Lucifer's mouth.

Lucifer internally snickered, they probably looked ridiculous. It didn't really matter though, because Alastor had fallen right into Lucifer's plan.

Lucifer made a noise of surprise, grinning around Alastor's thumb and sucking on it lightly, guiding more of the pad into his mouth.

Suddenly, Alastor yelped and withdrew his hand quickly. Lucifer snickered loudly.

"Did you just fucking bite me you will pay for tha—" Alastor's snarl and reach over the table was quickly cut off with a new approaching voice. Alastor's eyes quickly darted to see if Charlie heard any of that, but she was scribbling away in her notebook.

Alastor sighed in relief, and he felt his eyes widened at the approaching figure.

-

834 words

who do you think it is !!!!! (hint: my favorite)
the slowest update ever i'm so sorry