chapter 11 \|/ a night interlocked

"I CANT HELP FALLING INLOVE WITH YOU.."
—Elvis Presley

"Alastor? Oh, Alastor is that you Darlin'?" A very tall, blonde, curvy woman hurriedly walked towards them, plates in hand.

"Y'know, I could hardly believe my ears when sweet Daisy told me you were in my diner! Also sweetie, your food won't be out in a minute, needed to cook up another batch of soup." Lucifer's eyes widened, quickly overwhelmed by the quick-speaking woman.

And God, she was beautiful.

She was tall, dressed in a dark magenta dress, contrary to the red theme that danced around the employees and the diner. She had a circle hat that had pretty white feathers peaking out from ontop of it, matching the white feather of her dress.

"There's not many people you can find up here with a taste like yours! Well, hello darling I'm Rosie. I own the diner, and Alastor and I have known eachother for a long time.. So nothing you have to worry about i'm sure." Rosie spoke fast, quickly turning to Lucifer and shaking his hand. She grabbed Lucifer's drink and raised an eyebrow. Lucifer didn't even have time to react to her words.

"Sweetie, I'll get you a new one of these. Can't believe you're drinking one of these on a weekday, but who am I to judge!" Rosie threw a joke, Lucifer being too confused to catch it. She just awkwardly smiled at him, taking his drink.

"What did you say your name was?" Lucifer held a look of surprise, unsure and confused. He could already feel his head start to spin.

"I didn't, but it's—hic—Lucifer, Lucifer Morningstar. Also what's wrong with a margarita?" Alastor kicked Lucifer under the table, earning him a kick back.

(He almost couldn't reach.)

"Lucifer! Lucifer Morningstar. Oh everything holy! I have Lucifer in my diner! Hah!" Rosie gasped, clapping her hands together excitingly.

"Sorry, my dear, he doesn't quite know his manners." Alastor glared at Lucifer.

"Oh, I don't blame 'em! Honey, this is not a margarita. This is our homemade strong liquor! That's the only drink we put the signature red cups in!" Rosie laughed at Lucifer's slow frog blink.

"So, would you like some water?" Lucifer quickly shook his head.

"No! No. I'll take.. just something lighter and sweet." Lucifer trailed off, slightly zoning out. Rosie nervously looked at Alastor, looking like she needed a 'go-ahead.' It didn't matter because Alastor was still death glaring at Lucifer.

"What are you looking at him for? I can handle myself."  Lucifer met his glare with a mischievous grin.

"Hm? Alrighty.." Rosie smiled sweetly and leaned down into Alastor's ear, making him sharpen his glare. Rosie excused herself and retreated to the bar.

"What? Who's the one with no manners now? What did she say." Alastor just clicked his tongue, shaking his head disapprovingly.

"She offered us a room here—" Lucifer opened his mouth to speak up, but was shut up with a finger on his mouth.

"—Which we will take. I do not feel like dragging you to the outskirts of town in this state. Now, since you insist on pestering me this evening, we will make our way down to the room now." Alastor crossed his arms and looked at Lucifer with a raised brow.