chapter 9 \|/ shopping with a king pt.2

"DROP ME OFF IN NEW ORLEANS"

—Kermit Ruffins

Lucifer's eyes widened at the city in front of him. It buzzed with people, and it slightly reminded him of his home.

"Be careful now, I didn't travel all the way here only for you or Charlie to get hurt now, did I?" Alastor hummed as he pulled Lucifer out the way of a car.

"Hey! Watch it!" The man screamed from his window, waving them off.

Yep. Definitely like his home-town.

Lucifer watched as Alastor kneeled down to Charlie.

"Do you want to ride on my back?" Alastor asked, and Charlie happily complied. As soon as she got on his shoulders, she started to play with his hair and mess with his glasses.

"So.. You know this city better than me Alastor.. Let's go shopping!"

The first store Alastor took them to was a kids clothing store, in which Lucifer was constantly confused on where their 'assistant' was. After inspecting some clothes, (which Alastor thought were completely fine) Lucifer decided they weren't up to standard for his daughter.

"Next one!"

The second store Alastor brought them to was a more expensive store for children dresses. (it took him a lot of effort to find it.)

"Daddy! I like this store." After some inspecting, Lucifer found some cute dress for Charlie, all of which she liked.

"I think we need to get you some normal clothes, sweetheart." Lucifer smiled, giving Alastor a look, signaling him to take them to a 'normal' clothing store. Alastor sighed, his shoulders already starting to hurt.

The third store was harder to find, Alastor had to find somewhere closer to expensive, but also sporting normal T-shirts and pants. Lucifer complained, but still ended up getting a ton of stuff.

"Phew! I think we're done Alastor." Lucifer stretched, not noticing the way Alastor pulled him away from the glaring passersby's that Lucifer would accidentally knock into.

One person noticed who Lucifer was though.

One person Alastor wished got ran over by the passing car.

"Holy shit! Lucifer fucking Morningstar!" The loud voice yelled from behind them, quickly retracting his steps to catch up with them.

"And Alastor? Alastor..!" He said with clenched teeth, looking at Alastor like he wanted his blood. Lucifer turned around to meet the eyes of the man, sending him a sharp glare.

"Vox.. Why don't you leave us alone and spare us an interview.." Alastor grinned, gripping onto Lucifer and speeding up their walk.

"Wait! I just want a word with Mr. Morningstar. Why are you in New Orleans?" Lucifer heard a click, and suddenly a microphone was in his face. Lucifer opened his mouth, until Alastor clamped his hand over it.

"Don't you think you've done enough?" Alastor snarled, taking his hand away from Lucifer's mouth and smacking Vox's recorder to the ground.

"C'mon, Darling." Alastor held his arm out, which Lucifer quickly took, and speed walked out of there.

They walked in silence for a few minutes, Lucifer mentally deciding if he should ask about it or not.

"Who was that?"

"An old friend." Lucifer noticed the way Alastor clenched his teeth.

"A friend? Nothing else?"