chapter 2 \|/ checking in (PART 2)

(A DANCE..)

OLD NUMBER SEVEN

Watching Nifty walk into the hallway infront of them, Lucifer huffed and walked to the diner. There was soft, buzzing tavern-like music as the singer softly sang, strumming his guitar very slightly. He stood infront of the host's desk for a moment, then had someone eagerly sit him down.

Lucifer sat in a far booth, sitting next to a window in the corner. To his right, he could see the side of the stage, but not the singer itself.

he was too small.

"Trouble seeing?" Lucifer snapped his head to the new voice, the playful tone hushed and barely audible.

But Lucifer heard it.

"Sorry, what did you say?" Lucifer spoke, confused at the sudden disrespect.

"Oh, nothing, nothing at all my good Sir!" Lucifer quickly noticed it was the same handsome man that waved at him. up close, Lucifer could see the dark brown eyes behind the glasses, the broad shoulders, and jaw breaking smile. It was almost creepy, being so forced.

"Short of hearing too.." The man mumbled, smirking down at Lucifer whose mouth just gaped open.

"Pleasure to be meeting you, quite the pleasure! Im Alastor, and I will be serving you today." Alastor smiled, quickly changing the subject before Lucifer had the time to respond.

"What can I start you off with?" Alastor grabbed his tiny notebook from his pocket, and waited for Lucifer to respond with a tight-lipped smile.

"Coffee, 3 teaspoons of sugar, and a newspaper." Lucifer grit his teeth and forced a grin.

"Newspaper? Im afraid I cannot serve you that.. Not in the right mindset! Do you enjoy the taste of paper and ink?" Alastor teased, humming after his speech and quickly writing.

"No-! To read! Please.." Lucifer grumbled, and quickly got frustrated. The brown haired male just chucked and set the notebook back in his pocket.

"I'll be right back with your things, Sir." Alastor grinned and ran off to get a brewing cup.

Lucifer sighed, and tried to focus on the music that the man was basically mumbling, and from the looks of it, too drunk to realize he was making out with a microphone. Suddenly, the man stood up, and the buzzing crowd that was eating stopped to look at him.

"Now.. To start the night off.." The man leaned down to grab the half-empty bottle of whiskey on the stage.

"One of y'all's favorite.." He smirked, and blew a kiss into the microphone. A tap of Lucifer's shoulder brought him back from his focus.

"Mr. Magne? Your coffee, and newspaper." Alastor grinned, and set the cup and pot on the table.

"I don't recall telling you my name, I'm flattered. asking your coworkers about me?" Lucifer grinned, his playful tone evident, but it turned into shock as Alastor took a seat across for him.

"Old Number Seven.." The drunk man mumbled into the microphone, and the people at the bar and at high top table eagerly made their way to the stage.

"Why, of course not! Your name is everywhere on the papers! And who is more recognizable than a short, wealthy blonde male~?" Alastor hummed, and drew his attention to the papers.

-"LUCIFER MORNINGSTAR DIVORCED WIFE?! POOR CHARLIE MORN-!"-

- "LUCIFER MAGNE ON THE RUN! IS IT FROM THE SHOCKING DIVORCE, HE CAUSED?!" -