chapter 6 \|/ cut short pt.2

"SPOOKY.."
—Dusty Springfield

Lucifer watched with a close eye from the bar. After he had toyed with the lady from earlier, he instead settled with lightly flirting with the bartender.

Who looked oddly...

Mortified.

Every jab at his rough hands as he passed a drink, even the compliment at his figure, the bartender looked scared to even talk to Lucifer.

It was rude.

And it made Lucifer feel unwanted, unloved, which made Lucifer sigh and ask for a stronger drink. The bartender, Husk, just shook his head.

"I think you've had enough, sir." The gruff voice said, clenching his teeth nervously.

"Am I.. Am I just to ugly? Or annoying? Is it my voice?" Lucifer rambled, and glared at the bartender.

"If you don't give me a drink to forget the regrettable decisions i'm gonna make tonight, I will make you regret it." Lucifer threatened, the sound of music dying down becoming present in his ears.

Alastor was done singing.

Finally.

Lucifer sipped on the new glass infront of him. something definitely stronger. Lucifer could put on a show way better than Alastor. Lucifer undid another button, and tapped the counter, finishing any other drink. It felt hot. too hot.

"Sir, You've had enough." Husk sternly said, slapping Lucifer's bill on the counter.

"Oh, put it on a fucking tab! You think I can't pay for this shit? Do you know who the fuck I am?" Lucifer growled, and Husk looked taken aback. Lucifer was yelling, and got a few turn of heads, including one specific brunette. Husk reached over the bar top and grabbed Lucifer by the collar.

"—Excuse you? I have someone to meet!" Lucifer reached for his belt.

"Yes! I know! And I know who the fuck you are, and I know who the fuck he is! And people here? They will tear you apart when they find out you are staying here! So I would shut the fuck up!" Husk whisper-shouted, and quickly dropped Lucifer back into his seat when he noticed someone walking up to them.

"Is something the matter, dear friend?" Alastor put a hand on Lucifer's shoulder, who was brushing himself off with a sour look. A beat went by and Lucifer was glaring at Husk, who looked between the two stern.

"Husker~!" A familiar voice sounded from behind the bar into the kitchen.

"Oh fuck..Alastor, would you cover me for a minute?" Husk didn't give him time to answer, instead retreating to the kitchen.

"Are you okay, my dear?" Alastor jumped up onto the counter and crossed his legs over it, slipping behind the bar. Lucifer mumbled incoherently, rolling his eyes.

"Just.. Get me another drink. That sobered me up to much.." Lucifer buried his hands in his hair.

"Oh.. But what's the matter dear?" Alastor's grin widened, and Lucifer sniffed.

"I just— I can't believe she's gone.." Alastor nodded, pouring the short make some water. He then poured an excessive amount of lime juice into it. He slid the drink forward.

"What's this..?" Lucifer looked up, confused. He heard music from behind him and the crowd became alive again.

"What you asked for, Sir." Lucifer glared and drank it, then spat in out in disgust.

"What th— the fuck?" Lucifer stuck out his tongue, the sour and bitterness plaguing his senses.

"I think this means you've had too much to drink." Alastor simply shrugged, and went to make another persons drink.

"Ughh..Oh- hello.." Lucifer groaned, and then was cut short by a hand grabbing his waist. Alastor watched as the gruff man whispered into Lucifer's ear, making his face the same shade as his shirt. Alastor creeped out of the bar, and put a hand on the shoulder.

"This man has had too much to drink, and it's my job to take him to his room. Would you kindly excuse us?"

"Hey! You're that radio guy! I'd recognize that voice from anywhere!" The man yelled/spoke. It pinged annoyance in Alastor's ears.

"Jazz is cool, but my bands better! You should hear us sometimes! I play guitar" The man laughed loudly, wrapping his arm around Lucifer. Lucifer looked up at Alastor, giving him an uncomfortable look.

Now that doesn't deserve to be on a pretty face, now does it?

"Then why aren't you performing? Hmm?" Alastor hummed, slithering Lucifer out of his grasp and walking away. Alastor briefly heard a yell, but sped up his walking.

"Hey! Slow down! Alastor! You're dragging me! Alastor!" Lucifer demanded, which halted Alastor to a stop in the empty hallway.

"I'm sorry, I got carried away it seems." Alastor apologized, letting go of Lucifer's wrist.

"It's—hic—It's quite alright.." Alastor's eyes shit straight down to the bottle in Lucifer's hand, quickly snatching it away. He must've grabbed it from the man flirting with him..

"You're very drunk, my king." Lucifer's face burned with the name.

"I— I am not.." Lucifer flushed with embarrassment.

"Apologues, but i'm afraid we must cut this might short." Alastor smiled at the whine he got from the king.

"I'll see you in the morning, my dear." Alastor knocked on a door, Lucifer's door, and walked away, leaving Lucifer by himself outside his own room.

"Fuck."

—-

882

that took me so long but it's finally out!! next chapter soon