His Flight

Ashamed

Ashamed....

I wasn't ashamed of what I did. Fuck , I was proud of it.

Had anyone told me before that I would punch my father to protect my mother , I would have punched the person instead and laughed with pride. But would that person be laughing at me an hour ago , a fucking absolute yes.

My father loved my mother. He loved her without limits. But was he a good husband, No. He was abusive and made my mother stand on the edges multiple times. He has never cheated on her as far as I know. He never left her side. They were the toxic power couple. And fuck it , everybody knew it.
My father has disrespected and beat my mother on multiple occasions. He could never have a grip on his anger. Throwing stuffs and hitting her was quite common. He raised his voice alot and I'd be weaker than anyone on the planet. They could never have civil conversations. And the most disgusting part is , everyone knew. Everyone had seen them fight. They could never get out of the house without a fight or argument for any sort of occasion , a function or dinner or any sort of gathering. Heck, they couldn't even act civil and mannered.

I wasn't that small boy with tears in his eyes begging his father to be a human again. Making him promise he would never hit my mother. I never truly loved my father , the only thing I cared about was him providing me and my mother.
My mother needed him and I needed my mother. And I was never gonna leave my mother alone with a person like him. They loved each other. But were they good for each other , again , No.

Earlier, my father had an argument with her. On what , I don't know. The argument turned into a fight. I usually don't interfere much , I know how disrespectful I can get. Until my dad marched shouting at her and raised his hand, I had punched him. I couldn't believe it. It was an immediate reflex, out of instinct, out of dreadful memories and too sudden to process it with my brain. Until I realised what I had done , my father was on the floor with a bruised jaw and blood oozing out of the nose. My mother screamed and looked at me with fear.
She approached him and bent down to his level , crying and helped him up. I looked down at my mother helping that man. It was a shock to me that I had punched.
When I looked at him I saw his red eyes. The little respect and care that had left in me for him vanished.

" If you ever dare again , I'll forget you're my father ", I warned him with a quivering voice. I hated it when I was unsteady and vulnerable.
I walked away and took the car to go to the hotel I was staying at for the past week.
While driving I could see my hands trembling and bruised. I hated it , I loathed myself to be this weak. As I reached the hotel , I practically ran to my room and packed my bags.

Apparently, my mum's bestfriend was Indian. I'm not against it though. But I was dragged to a wedding where I didn't know anyone , where no one spoke the language I did. Where money and business was the only thing valued and talked about. Where everything is alien to me. I would never choose an overcrowded city like Mumbai for a wedding. And it wasn't like her bestfriend was going to get married , it was her daughter. Yikes, who likes to be married this early. She was barely 23.

I have always been against love. I had seen enough of it. No matter how rich and powerful I'd become , I could never afford love.
Love is a menace , a disaster of one's own self , love is destruction , love is a drug. And drugs are not good for anyone. It is to be stood away from.

I booked the flight to London as fast as I could. I wanted to leave this place and get back to London. I'll forget everything as far as I hope. My heart was thumping against my chest and it hurt every time it beat.

Time passed by quickly and I was glad of it. I saw eighteen missed calls of my mum. I wasn't going to have a conversation with her , not for a long while.

I thanked my unfortunate luck for the first time that I reached before the plane took off. I checked in my luggage and proceeded to my seat . I wanted to go far away from this place right now.

When I put my bag on my seat , I realised I wasn't alone. There was a red brown haired girl with a book in her hand. She looked annoyed upon the arrival. I always booked two seats so no one would be beside me. In a rush I forgot this time. Fuck it , I wanted to leave this place , with or without anyone beside me. I'll ask the girl to leave the seat and sit somewhere else.

It wasn't it when she looked at me. Deep light brown eyes through those black round metal frames. I had never been mesmerized by eyes before. Especially brown which was so common. Her short fluffy red-brown hairs and baby pink lips. She checked me out which was so common , I had always charmed every girl I had come across. But did I give a damn , hell no.
But she , her eyes , she took each and every detail of me almost looking deep in my soul. Almost. She looked away and focused on her book shrinking herself.

I sat beside her , feeling her aura. I was calm , which was rare. I had never been at peace so quickly before.

As the plane took off , she yelped. The girl's hand clawed mine. Her nails pierced my skin. If it had been anyone else , I would have broken their limbs by now. I hated being touched. But I couldn't take my hand away , for what reason, I didn't know.
She was so scared , her eyes squeezed shut and all her frightened self was poured against my hand. It was her first time on a flight I assumed.
Her hands were so small against mine. It wasn't a thorn to my skin which was unusual.

I let her have some time to calm herself. When she put herself together, she immediately retracted herself away.
She apologized, it came out shaky at first but she apologized again with a clear voice masking her earlier self.

She looked straight at first and drowned in her book. She put some distance which was not necessary.
I couldn't help but keep looking at her now and then. It was like she was in another world of her own. So at peace and quiet. I appreciated her silence. Heck , I needed it after all that happened. I was distracted by her and I was glad of it.
I put my headphones on and listened to some music and audiobooks. But my eyes observed her every details. Her smile while she was reading , her nail biting , scrunching her small nose , adjusting her spectacles and her pink lips.

She had no makeup on , completely raw and touch-worth skin. She wore an apple green tunic with a folklore design that screamed Indian with full sleeves and wide leg blue jeans.
Fuck , who wears full sleeved here where the sun shows no mercy.

As we landed , she disappeared. I was glad. Aaron and Jeremiah were waiting for me. My people. I had messaged them to pick me up. They were quicker than the Flash himself.
We went to a bar to grab some drinks and then straight to my house.
All I needed was a good sleep right now.

Hola

Thank You for reading my story. I'm a new and peachy writer. Ignore my mistakes even though I've checked a couple of hundred times.
Do not forget to vote.
Do comment and drop suggestions.

Adios Amigos .