Vain Second Trial

" Water... "

Ruth opened the mini fridge and passed me the bottle of water.
I was sweating , my whole body was warmed up. My heart , thumping against my chest.
I took the bottle and drank it all in one gulp. I calmed myself down.

Two Hundred and twenty nine steps to the dorm.

Hundred and Forty one deep breathes until I slapped that girl.

Twelve times I observed his lips way too keenly than I should have.

Today's events were going to haunt me for a long time.

Mabel called out my name after some time of cooling down. Ruth and I looked at her almost immediately and simultaneously.
A second passed in silence and we stared at each other. Mabel burst out laughing her ass off like a crazy person. Unbelievable !!

" What's so funny ? ", Ruth snorted.

The girl had more patience and control than the average human. Mine and Mabel's was far limited. I admired Ruth for that. One of us has to have a working brain in messy situations.

" Nothing. You both look like you've seen ghosts. ", Mabel replied and continued laughing.

" So much for the first day. ", I said sighing at her.

" It was nothing sweetie. Tomorrow's gonna be like it never happened. I've been through these types of situations alot. Events happens. Face it and Move on. ", Mabel said. She took the chair and sat next to us.
Her voice held immense confidence.
I almost believed it. Almost.

" I'm not sure I'll even be around the borders of Rivendell for a week straight after what happened today.'', Ruth said nervously. Relaxing her entire body on the bed putting her head on my lap. She continued,
"But it was quite an adventure. Maybe that's the point of ' University Life ' I guess. The Adrenaline was worth it. It's normal here I assume."

" Assumptions are not going to help us get through upcoming years. Because of me I put you both in target too. I don't think the future's gonna be as peaceful as I planned.", I said feeling the guilt rushing my body.

" It's okay babe. Why are you stressing out so much. I don't regret being by your side even though you put me on target. I enjoy your company. And I'm here with you. Mabel Meadows will always be with you for the next three years straight. ", she said and winked at me.

" Maybe that's more stressful. ", I said sarcastically.

Ruth laughed at it. Mabel huffed.

" I didn't know you guys had an extra bed. Someone else is also staying ? ", Ruth asked observing our room.

" No. Thankfully it's just me and Abby.", Mabel replied.

" Can you tolerate another human presence here ? ", Ruth asked me and Mabel.
I couldn't help but to heed her grey eyes. Rare and Enchanting. Filled with hope and innocence. It held generosity and pain. I wanted to know the reason behind that pain but I didn't.