A Vile Start

Tenth of September

Tenth of September....

The 10th of September is going to be my first day in Rivendell. Today is the 29th of August. I still have eleven days to mentally prepare myself. I can start the chapters from today and be a little ahead to soothe my anxiety.

Apparently, my roommate and I share a lot of similarities. Her name's Mabel Meadows. She's also a scholarship student. She's pursuing Literature as her main subject and Philosophy and History on the side. I already made a friend. She writes and I read. She loves books , I love books. Perfect match !

She arrived yesterday. She was friendly and was quite charming.
She has violet eyes , which was very rare and I loved them. She had short hair like me but curly , black and smoother than velvet. She had plumpy lips and almond eyes. Her height matched mine. To my amaze , she was a cheeky sunshine.

Unfortunately our room was full of spider webs and dust. Uncle Jesse gave me 500 pounds which was a huge amount but he insisted that I keep it.
He gave me addresses after seeing the room. He told me to clean it and get new bedsheets. He gave me the address of his friend's cafe where I can work part time , address of the shop where I'm supposed to buy my textbooks and stationeries , a pharmacy and a small mart which was close enough for a walk and told me if I gave the owner his name , he'd give me anything free or in reasonable price. I didn't want to use my uncle jesse as a credit card.

Mabel and I got along pretty well. We both needed to buy textbooks , stationery and notebooks , so we went there together. We visited the Pharmacy and the small mart my uncle had suggested. I got some sweets for myself. Mabel had bought too much for her own good though. She bought packets of ramen , wafers and cookies. Instant coffee and an electric pot for it all. She was wealthier compared to me. Seeing her I dropped my sweets and bought some coffee instead and hot chocolate too. I loved coffee more than sweets. I said I'd split the money for the pot as I wanted to use it too but didn't have that much to buy a new one. I couldn't spend all the money my uncle gave me. I had to rashan as long as I didn't get that job in the cafe. She denied and said everything she bought in a bunch was for both of us.
I insisted alot after that but she denied. She told me I could finish her homework in return. I huffed at that deal.

" Okay , Sweetie. You buy the milk whenever we need it for the coffee. Will that shut you up for splitting the bill ? And right now , you're buying me some ice cream for cooling your anxious self " she said while laughing at me. The girl understood me.

" Deal " , I stated.

She smiled and we marched to the nearby ice cream shop.

" So , which flavour ? " I asked reading all the flavours.

"Ummm , Yes ! Mint chocolate" , she exclaimed like a child.

I looked at her and poked my inner cheek. "So , toothpaste." , I commented.

"Hey ! It's not toothpaste, it's nothing alike." , she said correcting me.

I couldn't hold my laugh anymore.
As I laughed , I ordered her 'toothpaste' flavour and mine vanilla with choco chips.
I giggled passing her ice cream quoting it 'toothpaste'. She scrunched her nose and smiled ear to ear like a child looking at the ice cream.
We were getting back to the dorm room.