Aftermath

Breath Abby , Breath

Breath Abby , Breath .....

I kept telling my self. It was nothing. It'll be alright.

" So , the class ends here. Make sure to revise everything. I'll be moving ahead next lecture."
The Professor instructed.

When I saw the students leaving , I rushed out with them hanging my bag to the right shoulder. I needed someone to talk to and Mabel was my only friend here.

The next lecture is Literature. I speed walked and dashed my way to the class. I couldn't calm myself. The event kept running in my mind like a storm swirling.
What if that one act makes me a target ? What if I get in trouble ? What if's swirling like a tornado in my mind , I thought of each and every possibility of my next three years turning into a bazaar end.

" Hey , Sweetie ! ", as I was stepping inside the class, I heard Mabel calling out. She was sitting on a bench right by the classroom with another girl.
" Come here. ", she patted her hand on the empty area I assumed she kept for me.

I sat next to her and saw the girl.

" Meet Ruth Kent. She has a common lecture of Literature with us and History with me. Her main subjects are Journalism and Media Studies. Isn't that fascinating ? ", Mabel introduced her to me.

" Hello. Myself Abhaya Kallam. You can call me Abby. ", I extended my arm for a handshake. She gladly accepted it and shook it gently.

She smiled at me and said,
" Nice to finally meet you Abby. She wouldn't shut up talking about her roommate. ", She pointed at Mabel. I giggled at the statement.

She was as charming as Mabel. Her voice was honey sweet. She had dark brown hairs reaching her upper waist. Her hands were soft but stains of the pen were visible. She must have to write alot I guessed. Her smile was lovely. I could see dimples on her left cheeks. Her eyes were Grey. Rare.
She wore black jeans and a green top with a blue denim jacket on.

" Let's get to the class , we can talk there. ", I said gaining their attention. That was when Mabel finally observed me closely. She looked at me and asked, " What happened? Someone said something to you ? You're a little sweaty and look dull. ", she said touching my forehead.

" I'm okay. We can talk later. We need to get in the class right now or we will not get the best seats ! ", I exclaimed standing up and straightening myself.
They chuckled and got up.

When we entered the class , a groan escaped from me.
" See , I told you the best seats would be taken.", I said while walking to the last row. The class was crowded and only the last row was empty. Mabel and Ruth followed me.

" It's okay babe. Next time we'll get the front row. I pinky promise. ", Mabel spoke while sitting next to me. It was confirmed that this was a child trapped in a grown girl.
We sat on the last row. Mabel in the middle of me and Ruth. We took the corner seats.
And to my surprise I could see everything clearly. The board , the desk of the professor and every student out there. I failed to notice it earlier in the first lecture.

Okay , maybe the last row is not that bad.

My right foot was dribbling against the floor. I started counting my breaths. I tried to blend in and focus on Mabel's and Ruth's conversation.

The class was making alot of noise until it was pindrop silent in a second. They all stood up. That was kind of a shocker. I heard heavy footsteps. I assumed it was the Professor so I looked up.

I swear my heart stopped.
Or maybe I stopped breathing.
Or maybe I was having an attack.
It was him. That bastard who was punching that poor boy. He entered with those two guys I met earlier, the wicked-grin guy and Jerry guy.

I quickly sat and put my head down. Grabbing the brown hoodie in my bag and zipping it up. I put the cowl over my head. It was big enough to hide my face.

I didn't notice Mabel's and Ruth's remark until Mabel elbowed me,
" My God , are you seeing that guy Abby ? He's so hot! ", she whispered in my ear. I scoffed at that statement. I folded my hands on my desk and put my head down so he does not see me.

Him and his friends climbed up near the last row. I could sense their approach in our direction. The day couldn't get any worse.
The wicked-grin guy slammed his hands on our desk. That's it. I can't put up with more humans anymore. My patience has dried up long ago anyway. And out of my instincts I stood up and yelled "Hey !"

Shit , shit , shit !

The guy backed off a little with a surprised expression. He got angry and was about to say something until that bastard dragged him and his Jerry friend by their shoulders. They left four seats and sat right at the last row.
I internally cursed myself.

" What was that ? You're short tempered I see. What happened today ? You're quite civil mostly ", Mabel said with wide eyes.

I waved my hand and gestured 'nothing ' and looked up to the board. Everyone in the class was looking at us three. I mean EVERYONE. Their eyes were on us. I hate grabbing attention.
I looked at that bastard immediately after that. His eyes were already on me. Those Raven Eyes, Threatening, Dark like a Siren from the stormy sea, tempting anyone to dive in. I hated having any sort of eye contact with this man. I couldn't look away. It was so intense I felt sparks in my entire being.
Almost tempting. Almost.

" I think we're the center of the attention right now. ", Ruth said nervously gulping her saliva down her throat.

" Oh it's nothing.", Mabel waved and reasoned, " It's probably because Abby yelled"

I heard them. But darn it , I couldn't look away from those eyes. It was like he pinned me through them and held me so tightly without even touching me.

Until the Professor came and he broke the eye contact first with a smirk.
I'm going to murder that bastard one day and that's for sure.

The Professor introduced herself. Her name was Emily Geller. She looked younger compared to the early annoying professor I met, I didn't even know his name as I was late.

I tried to focus on the lecture. But my mind was still hovering somewhere four seats away. I had enough self control to not look at him again. But
I could feel him staring at me. I could feel the burning sensations and holes dug at the side of my head. I bit my lips hard and started deep breathing.
I can't let him win.
No , Absolutely Not.

Just like that the lecture ended. When the professor left I took a deep breath.

" Let's Go" , I said to my friends and rushed off quickly grabbing my bag on the shoulders.
" Wait , why in hurry ? ", Mabel called out following me.
" Wait , I'm coming too ! Slow down ", Ruth followed behind her.

We reached the cafeteria and I could finally slow down. I took the table near the window.
Perfect !
I needed some sugar , food and fresh air in my system to be normal again.
We sat and Mabel went to bring some sandwiches for us all.

I sensed some safety with them. I calmed myself down. I grabbed the sandwich and started to munch in to soothe my nerves.

Hola

Thank You for reading my story. I'm a new and peachy writer. Ignore my mistakes even though I've checked a couple of hundred times.
Do not forget to vote.
Do comment and drop suggestions.

Adios Amigos .