Chapter 42

Skip down to Isobel's POV if you've read the below excerpt already.

Caitlin's POV (Abducted by a Hot Vampire: Prince Xavier, ch19)

I have to explain to Maximus and Isobel in the car how I have super enhanced strength and agility for the remainder of the hour. In response Maximus put his foot down, because even though he found it hard to believe, he was taking my word for is that I was even stronger than vampires. Potentially strong enough to stop Eddrick.

And they needed my help because they were all human, which meant I was the strongest out of all of them.

We already had a plan in mind. Maximus and Isobel would go save Abbey, I would go straight for Eddrick with Jennifer's blood. Jennifer said she would stay as the look out from the outside, and we all had our mobile phones to contact each other if we needed to.

We are able to get in through the gate sectioning off Royalty drive from the public, because I now knew the password.

We park just out of sight and we all cautiously approach from the path, looking to see if any windows are open and how much activity is going on. The lights are on in most of the rooms and I am able to spot Abbey's room around the side of the mansion, with the light on.

"We'll break in through the window and take Abbey from there," Maximus suggests, and Isobel nods.

"Caitlin, are you sure you can face Eddrick by yourself?" Jennifer asks me, looking highly nervous as we crouch low behind some hedges in the lush garden out front.

"I'll be fine, I'll go in once Abbey is out," I say, determined to use my enhanced strength to kill Eddrick. I had a syringe full of Jennifer's blood, all I needed to do was inject it into Eddrick and hopefully the rest would work out itself.

"Maximus, Isobel, you should hurry," Jennifer nods to me and looks to her watch before announcing, "Caitlin only has ten minutes left to inject Eddrick with my blood, then she'll be too weak to face him."

"Let's go," Maximus dramatically sweeps Isobel off her feet into his arms and starts walking off towards Abbey's window around the side, where they will be mostly out of sight. Isobel hits his chest and glares back at him.

"What the hell?" She hisses, but her only response is a demeaning chuckle from Maximus.

"I know how to walk lightly, you stomp around like an elephant..."

I look to Jennifer and roll my eyes.

"That was really mean," Jennifer says, "But I guess that's Maximus for yah..."

"As long as he helps get the job done, that's all we need," I sigh in frustration, all my muscles feeling tight and tense. The spell Eddrick made me cast to enhance my strength made me want to move. I want to get in there as fast as possible, except I had to wait until Abbey was safe first.

Jennifer and I nearly jump out of our skin when her phone vibrates with a text.

"They can't be done already, surely," Jennifer looks down at her phone and frowns in the moonlight, "Ah oh....""

"What?" I ask, worried, "Is Abbey in there?"

"It's not Maximus or Isobel," Jennifer turns off the screen without replying to the sender, "It was Darrius, he is asking where we all went, he obviously found out we took a car. I'll reply later."

"He can't be too angry, the order after all was to kill all the humans. In a way we are safer out here than back in there –" Suddenly the silence is broken when my phone also vibrates silently.