Chapter 55

After hours of Maximus not leaving my side, his body against mine, his mouth and cock driving me crazy... I finally get to sleep, only to be awoken moments later to loud banging at our door.

Maximus' arm tightens around my waist as he is also awoken.

"I can smell the sex, but you need to let me in Maximus! Now!" Darrius' urgent growl comes from the other side of the door and I quickly scramble away from Maximus, huddling the sheets closer to me.

"One second, your highness," Maximus snarls the response and I can see in his eyes that he is not at all happy about being interrupted. He rolls out of bed and jumps to his feet, still naked, he doesn't bother to grab anything to cover himself with as he stalks his way to the door.

I take a moment to admire the rippling muscles on his back... his ass... his thighs. Before I come straight back to my senses!

"You're not actually going to let him in, are you?" I ask in disbelief, glaring at Maximus through half closed eyes.

"Yes, darling, I have no choice when he orders me around like that," Maximus can't help but smirk at me while he stares at me, despite his irritation at Darrius' worst timing possible he can't help but add, "...at least I know how to take orders, Isobel."

"Oh, shut up!" I quite literally fall out of the bed as I try and gain my footing but fail, too numb and weak to have my balance.

Maximus chuckles as his hand grabs the door knob and he glances back at me.

"Hurry, sweetheart," he says as condescendingly as possible as I run my way towards the bathroom when I finally find my footing.

I slam the bathroom door shut as he lets Darrius in and I slide down to my knees, crossing my arms over my chest to keep me warm as I lean back against the door and listen into the conversation outside.

"...Jennifer's been kidnapped," Is what I hear Darrius state.

I can't help myself.

"Of course she's been bloody kidnapped!" I yell through the door in exasperation.

"I'm assuming she is as naked as you," Darrius snaps at Maximus.

"Would you like to see her?" Maximus is too smug answering him and I can't help but decide I would somehow have to tie him up in the future. Give him a taste of his own medicine.

"Just get some clothes on, both of you, Claudia went out to find Jennifer but never came back. I need your help to save both of them, we don't have time to spare," Darrius sounds more and more strained and serious. Obviously he was very stressed about this.

"The palace is still in lockdown though," Maximus replies.

"As soon as it ends we're leaving to save them, the government has them. Claudia's tracker is still sending us the exact location. However it's been still for some time, not moving, she's either captured... or... I can't tell Johnathan how serious this is, I need your help," Darrius continues with his order and his voice gets more distant as he seems to walk away towards the bedroom door, "I'll talk to you both in the weapons room. Be there in a couple of minutes, got it?"

The door slams shut and I finally relax.

I stand and open the door, and of course Maximus is already stalking his way towards me. Within seconds he sees me shaking from exhaustion and the cold so he picks me up around the waist. He lifts me so high I have to wrap my legs around his hips as he pulls me close to him, so my nose is touching his.

"You ready to be my partner in crime... outside of these bedroom walls?" he asks me in a whisper.

"I'm going to need a coffee first," I admit in a sigh.

"That can be arranged. But don't get too carried away," Maximus adds, pushing his forehead into mine as our eyes stay locked together, "Inside these walls I want you always on your knees for me, all the time, because I said so. Outside these walls you can have a teeny bit of freedom, so we can beat the bad guys together!"

"I'm still a vampire hunter, Maximus, you're the bad guy here," I lean up and bite his nose. I can't help but smile at how ironic the situation is.

"I've decided to keep you like this," Maximus hesitates before telling me this.

"Oh?"

"Isobel... I'm going to love you like this for months if not a couple of years before I turn you again," Maximus turns around and starts walking back to his bed with me still wrapped around him, my arms around his neck, my legs still around his middle.

"Why the sudden change of heart?" I ask, as he slowly grabs my thighs and makes me slide down his front, so I have to stand on my own two feet and look up to him.

"I'm going to love you exactly the way you are," he reaches up a hand to cup my cheek, "I don't want anyone else by my side, Isobel, my little hunter. I want to cherish you in everyway possible, which means I'll be keeping you like this for a little while longer before I get to read all your thoughts again. I can't wait to see how much I've changed them when the time comes," I roll my eyes at him and grab his hand that is cupping my cheek, in a tight grip.

"I'm scared I will love you forever no matter what, but Maximus... you'll never be able to force me into complete submission. It isn't in my nature," I reply, a cheeky smirk appearing on my own lips.

"I'd push you onto your knees and make you suck my cock with your pretty little lips right now if I wanted to prove to you how wrong you are, but unfortunately the Princes' orders come first. I'll prove you wrong later on," Maximus closes his eyes and inhales and exhales sharply, before peering at me from low lashes, and slowly holding up a hand towards me, "You ready to be my partner?"

I stare at his hand but I don't hesitate to grab it.

"More than ready, I might hate you as much as I love you but we make a good team," I shake his hand firmly before spinning on my heel as I finally start to awaken properly.

"Let's go save poor little Jennifer then," Maximus laughs to himself as he turns to search for clothes, as do I.

"Hah, yes, let's save her," I smile to myself.

I was suddenly feeling extremely at home, and honestly comfortable with Maximus' presence.

Not one aspect of my life felt like it was out of place anymore.

My heart felt warm and I was happy.

I was happily in love.

In a way I knew everything was imperfectly perfect, and I didn't want it any other way.

!~*~*~*~*THE END.... but not really...*~*~*~*~!

...because they'll be more of these two silly buggers in 'Prince Darrius' as well as 'Prince Xavier', so get on to those stories and read on to find out more of what drama is unfolding in their world!

Amazon ebooks:

-Prince Darrius now $1.15

-Hunter Maximus now $1.15

search CSW1995 in Amazon to find the ebooks easily :)

~please follow me on Wattpad for further updates about my writing~