Chapter 50

Maximus' POV

I literally awaken in a shallow bath of my own blood. Hours later. In fact as soon as my eyelids flicker open they flit to the clock. It was already the next night – I had been dead and turning throughout the day.

Isobel had been with Luke at least 12 hours now. That was enough freedom for her.

I focus back to the blood I'm soaking in and I laugh as I stand up.

"Oh, good ole Darrius..." I mutter, thinking it absolutely hilarious that he had been that angry when I had interrupted him and Jennifer from their cute romantic sleep together. I probably would have still interrupted if they were fucking to be honest. I wasn't much in the mood for waiting around to be turned – no matter what. Darrius should have been happy that I only walked in on them sleeping and nothing else.

But still I wake up in my bathtub. Blood everywhere.

And oh boy, did it smell good.

I wasn't going to lick up my own stale blood however. I wanted fresh blood. Preferably a young female. Hence I have a quick shower, clean the bath – in record time – and then bound out the door into the rest of the palace with a spring in my step.

Well, I admit, not before I set up the bed with numerous ropes from numerous posts....

But that was for later when I dragged Isobel back in here for her inevitable stay with her loving, gorgeous, hilarious vampire master. Me!

Oh, this was so exciting.

First, I had to find a meal to replenish my strength.

I find one of my favourite humans roaming the kitchens, Angela, and I pretty much push her into the wall, sink my fangs into her neck and drink my fill. All the while she squirms from the lightest touches of my hands over her ass as I pull her close into me.

I certainly didn't find her near as attractive as young Isobel, my little hunter... but I was feeling pretty damn thirsty and I wasn't waiting for Isobel to take my fill of blood. After I'm done with Angela, I almost forget to clean the wounds, pulling away with a grin on my face, blood still dribbling down my chin because I drank so fast.

"N-noo..." Angela complains when I pull away so quick.

"Sorry, darling," I apologize, leaning in to lick up the wounds, "I've got a slave girl to find and punish." Angela leans back into the wall, closing her eyes and moaning.

"Oh she is lucky..." she whispers.

"Hey, buddy," A waiter comes up to me, giving me a disapproving frown. Oh yeah, I sort of found her and pushed her up on the wall inside the restaurant section... "Next time get a room, okay? This is where humans come to eat, not to be eaten in front of everyone."

"Okay, buddy, listen here," I say just as condescendingly, grabbing his neck and leaning in while staring into his eyes, using my compulsion, "Why don't you go into the back, find that girl you kept on eyeballing before I came in here, and kiss her. Maybe you'll find a bit of pleasure mixed in with your day brightens you up a bit, eh?" I let him go and watch in amusement as he falls directly into the compulsion. He turns and walks into the back where humans are preparing the food.

I look around the room and everyone that was staring quickly turns around and pretends to not have been eavesdropping or openly staring at the commotion. When I look back around I see Angela has literally fainted from exhaustion. Oops. I must have drank too much too quickly.

Heheh... I forgot my strength.

"Someone help this young girl to a room," I speak to the waiters and waitresses with a grin on my face. I had been a bit rough I admit but I was too damn pleased with myself.

I could finally go and retrieve my little hunter.

Before I walk out the door I spot Anthony and Carla in a little corner of the restaurant and I quickly decide to approach them, still smiling; a first for me since I really didn't like Anthony all that much.

"You two, how are you both?" I ask, putting my hand down on the table between them and leaning in to see what food Carla is eating, "Oooh, salmon? You like fish, do yah, cutie?"

"Back. Off," Anthony growls, picking up a fork and pushing it into my shoulder, "What do you want?"

"I'm just mucking around, relax," I stand up to my full height once more and say, "Get up guys, you're going to help me get Isobel back. She is in the city. I'm hunting her down tonight."

"Oh, really?" Carla asks, giving me a suspicious look, "Why do you have to hunt her down? Did she run away?"

"Oh no, it's just a game we're playing," I explain.

"What do you want us to do, Maximus?" Anthony asks, looking quite annoyed.

"You're going to be the bait."

"The bait?" Carla asks, looking quite worried.

"Don't worry, come on, I'm eager to go find her," I encourage them to get up, ignoring Anthony's reluctance.

They would be a fun part to add to this hunt. Isobel really liked them and would approach them. That is when I would enter.

I couldn't wait for the fun and games to begin.

Isobel was going to be mine once more, very, very soon.

And I promise you, she was going to be very... very naked.

***Updatesevery Thursday***