If Tomorrow Never Comes

(Mild warning, Daisy isn't going to have a huge place in this chapter as she doesn't have a specific case. She's doing normal intern things, like running labs, orders consults, and is down in the pit. This is because I don't think she has anything to add to this episode too much. It was mostly about the backlash of Bailey finding out about Meredith and Derek's relationship, and then Alex beinga douche and the loss of Annie Conners. So I'm glossing over it. If you chose to skip this chapter, all you need to do is read the VO, and then the ending as it'll be more about Daisy.)

Daisy VO:“Next to creating a life, the finest thing a man can do is save one.”—Abraham Lincoln. Saving a life or simply bettering someone else's life is one of the most beautiful things a person can do. I like to say that being a surgeon is holding someone's life in-between your hands, and either letting them go, or forcing them to stay alive. Losing someone is hard, not being able to save one's life, it really does something to your mental state. You don't remember the lives you save, but you always remember the lives you lost.

...

MVO: A couple hundred years ago, Benjamin Franklin shared with the world the secret of his success. "Never leave that till tomorrow," he said, "which you can do today."

(Scene: Meredith lying in bed, staring at the ceiling. It is storming outside and her alarm starts buzzing.)

MVO: This is the man who discovered electricity. You'd think more of us would listen to what he had to say.

(Scene: George walking through the hall towards Meredith's room with two cups of coffee. Izzie comes out into the hall. George spills the coffee on himself.)

MVO: I don't know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I'd say it has a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure, fear of pain, fear of rejection.

Izzie: Wouldn't it be easier to just ask her out?

(George walks away and Meredith hits snooze again.)

George: She's gonna be late.

Izzie: Maybe not.

George: We should wait for her.

Izzie: Definitely not. I'm not her mother, and you are not her boyfriend. Not yet, anyway.

George: Stop, ok? I told you I'm not interested.

Izzie: Life is short, George. Do you really want to die before you ever ask her out?

George: I do not want to ask her out.

Izzie: Do you really want to die a liar?

George: I'm not...I'm not dying.

(Tell that to the bus 🚌 George.)

...

Daisy sat at the kitchen table of her house alone for once.

Surprisingly Leah had a case she needed to work on at the office, and Seth was studying at a coffee shop for his upcoming test he had first period.

So for one, she was free to do whatever she wanted with her hour before she had to go to work.

So she started up the coffee machine, making herself her third cup of the day.

She drank it and then looked outside to see it was storming.

She walked into the garage, smiling as she saw the beauty that was her car.

The one Coulson gave her before he died a ruby red (he's an LMD now) 1962 Chevrolet Corvette. Lola, the flying car.

She had so many memories in this car.