Self Destruction Button

Daisy's VO: If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees. One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth doing is what we do for others. The biggest guru-mantra is: never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you. I like to say that secrets can be our worst enemies, they slowly wear us down until they come out in the worst ways possible.

My whole life I've been keeping secrets. First with the fact that I was a lesbian, afraid of what my tribe would think of me. Then with my smarts, I was afraid people would look at me differently if they knew just how smart I was, then I became a wolf shifter and more secrets kept building up, at this point I couldn't even remember who I truly was, what lies I had spoken to keep my secrets safe. And they never stopped coming. I went to the army in hopes of learning who I was and helping others, like I was born to do.

Then I got recruited to a secret project and another secret, with multiple sub-secrets followed.

The question you should ask yourself is, How many secrets can one keep before they break?

I have people to share my burden with, so I'm not alone in this secret keeping, but now I'm surrounded by people who have no idea what I am, or who I truly am. How long can these secrets stay secret with my intern group when I practically spend 100 hours with them every week?

What am I to do when my secrets are exposed? Or when people confuse their own secrets to me?

When will I break? A question that reverberates inside my head every day of my life.

Hopefully never. I concluded for my safety, but is that really a goal that I can keep?

Maybe telling someone I trust will help alleviate my burden? Only time will tell.

...

Daisy sat in the intern locker rooms, an hour before she even needed to be there with a short sigh.

She'd never had to hide who she was from her friends for so long.

In high school when she became a wolf shifter, she cut all ties to her previous friends, like everyone else had to.

It was something that every wolf shifter has to do, for their safety of course.

But luckily, they had each other to keep company.

In college she didn't try making friends, she breezed through college quite quickly thanks to her photographic memory and her high IQ of 171.

Now in her intern year, she realized that she has actually made friends.

Meredith and Cristina were her friends and they've become super close lately.

Which was great, but also terrible. On one hand, she had people to keep her company in the hospital, people she could rely on.

But on the other hand, now she had people to keep secrets from.

People who've become her friends, and she had to lie to them.

Friends to a shifter were dangerous.

She could lash out and hurt one of them if they had a fight. Like Sam had done to Emily.

He was burdened by his failures every single time he looked his wife in the eyes.

What was Daisy to do when her friends asked her to hang out but she was too busy hunting vampires?

Or consulting on a case for the army? Well, more like team Shield which she was still a major part of.

Technically she would always be a part of team Shield, the only reason she was a surgeon is because she needed a job to cover up her secret identity as the soldier Quake, who was on the front lines of every major battle the army has faced for the past 8 years so far(time travel).