XVIII. Fragrant Confrontation.

The weeks following the cart race continued with even more competitions at the camp, where Haerin participated in each of them in order to win some or finally defeat Kim Minji. Unfortunately for Danielle, many of these competitions were in pairs, and Haerin dragged her into competing together. Haerin was too good at convincing people, and not even her best friend could resist.

Poor Danielle.

In the obstacle race, she stumbled over all the hurdles and fell into every hole along the way. Haerin would pay dearly to make it up to her.

Right at that moment, Haerin was on her way to the infirmary in the Big House, where Danielle had been healing some of her wounds from the exploration activity the day before for about two hours. She still didn't know how Haerin had managed to convince her to participate in that.

Please, if they got lost in Capture the Flag and weren't even explorers, when did they think it was a good idea to join the exploration?

Upon entering the infirmary, Danielle's painful groans could be heard.

"You're such a drama queen!"

Danielle glared at her.

"Drama queen? I fell on a bush full of thorns!"

Haerin rolled her eyes.

"It wasn't that bad, just a few scratches."

Danielle snorted, "I was inches away from becoming a sieve, Hae."

"Yes, but look at you now, no more holes than you should have."

Danielle blinked and tried to ignore what Haerin had just said.

"What kind of comfort is that?"

Haerin shrugged.

"I don't know... At least it's just one."

"You're unbelievable."

She smiled, "I know."

After a while, the two managed to leave the infirmary, with Danielle still limping a bit and leaning on Haerin.

"I promise not to drag you into these kinds of activities anymore."

Danielle shook her head, "That's what you said last time, and look at me now."

Haerin shrugged.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry, really, I didn't want you to get hurt. I promise for a week, I won't involve you in any activity that might kill you."

"Just one week!?"

Haerin laughed. "Alright, a month, deal?"

Danielle smiled and shook the hand her friend offered. "Deal."

Once Danielle was completely healed, they left the Big House and started walking around the camp. It was already evening, and the sun could be seen skimming the lake, bathing it in its light and creating beautiful reflections. For Haerin, that was her favorite view, often going alone to the lake before sunset to be there quietly. Other times, she went at night to see how the moon was reflected in the lake.

She was so happy with something so simple.

The remaining campers were enjoying themselves after the exploration activity that almost killed Danielle. The days following any camp activity were for them to relax, so the entire camp could be seen enjoying peace and rest.

Haerin and Danielle walked slowly along the lake, savoring the tranquility and the beautiful sunset view. Some campers were sitting on the shore fishing, while others simply relaxed lying on blankets in the grass.