8-the missing sister and her society.

Sloane POV

"Okay so let's just go tomorrow." I say with a shrug.

"I can't come back until I complete my task." She says.

"So like do we have to let you win or something?" I ask and she nods.

"And they won't notice a fake huh?" I ask with a scoff. "And what about these two? Are we just supposed to leave them?" I ask.

"The task masters will appear as soon as it's done then transport us to the mountains, if they so happen to be there when they appear then we all go." She says sheepishly.

"What happened to the badass in the alley? Now you're just scared. I don't respect it." I say folding my arms.

"Because the mountains are no joke. The task masters... everyone there is no joke." She says. "You got lucky today."

"You call it luck, I call it skill." I say taking a seat. "But if that really is the case let's scour these and use some of that Ivorian mountain knowledge of yours in the meantime."

She hesitantly obliges and we start dividing and conquering.

"I think I found something.." she said.

"What even is your name? I know you're related to him."

"It's Vanora." She says.

"Oh so they keep the V names in the family? Nice." I say before going to her finding.

"Anyways I found this old story book." She says slipping it open. "It talks about the ones in color aka mages who would come seek out the primary color's aka us for knowledge. Then..." She flipped the page before we saw a drawing.

It was a Sakarian, Ivorian and Vadronian.

"They would travel to the skies if things were too complicated and meet with the leader who will determine whether or not they're worthy of knowledge."

"I feel like everyone is missing the point that we're going to die! " I say frustrated.

"We still have a few months, we have time." Vanora said touching my shoulder.

"Ugh don't do that, the whole companionship thing is not what I'm here for." I say leaving.

I take a few calming breaths as my fingers dig in my hair.

Cerise

What?

I know the truth.

.

I walk back to the castle fuming.

I burst through the doors and grab Vanora by her neck.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Vhaerun says trying to come closer.

"Tell him or I will." I say before releasing her.

She holds her neck before looking between all of us.

"I mean it." I say.

"The temple disbanded years ago." She says.

"Then whose orders were yer acting on?" Xamira asks.

"Falconia's." She says and the two days turn to each other.

"An old friend of yours I'm assuming?" I ask.

"Yeah." The two say.

"What does she want from me?" I ask.

"She just wants you. She knows what's to happen to our world and a selected few from hers will travel with her to her safe place." She says with a hint of sadness.

"You're not part of that few are you? Even after doing all this and probably more." I say shaking my head a bit.

"Yeah.."

"Vanora." Vhaerun says coming to his sister.

I nod at Xamira and we give the two some privacy.

We sit on the steps and I turn to her.

"What happened with Falconia?" I ask.

"If yer think I'm a hothead then she'll show yer."

"Come on, you've always been upfront. Tell me what's going on?" I say.

"She was one of the people we'd least expect to join us but yer father had a way with words. Back then she was known as the rebel of all lands, her and the rest of the Vadronians were not to be trifled with. They were warriors, they fought and they tamed dragons and became the Dragon Keepers."

"But as passionately as they fought, that fire was snuffed out on that day." She finished. "She wasn't the same after that, no one in the group and the 7 kingdoms was. Your father was a man everyone looked up to and he had succeeded in bringing us together. The day he died, a piece of the lands did too."

.