34-a new way.

Sloane POV

I tighten my grip on the rope as they gasp.

"Ready to cooperate?" I ask before releasing it altogether.

"There is a way but you'll kill us all, you were not supposed to exist!" A lady on the left says.

"Give us the information and we'll be on our way but I can't promise that once this is all over you'll be safe." I say.

One of them hands me a book and I take it.

"If I find out this is fake, I will personally kill you myself." Addy says and we take our leave.

"I knew you had some spunk." I say nudging her.

"Who do you think taught your dad?" She says as we open the doors.

Dusk stayed waiting for us and we made our way back to the castle.

"Keep this, I'm going to go join them." I tell her taking off my jacket before going to the courtyard.

I grab a sword from the weapons barrel before finding myself next to Morgan.

"Nice of yer to join us." Xamira says and I nod. "We're doing combat. You and me?" She asks and I smirk.

"Let's do it." I say walking up to her.

I wipe my sword on my pants before resuming a defensive position. I count to three and we both lunge at each other.

"Fair game?" I ask.

"Fair game." She repeats.

I throw my sword in the air and as it lands I ignite the steel before attacking. She kicks my arm making my sword fly before I grab her leg and throw it into the air and holding her down with blood tendrils.

"Alright yer got me, get this off me." She says and I retract my whips.

I help her up and she dusts herself before turning to the rest.

"Whatever advantage yer got use it, the enemy will not hold back." She says and I excuse myself as they continue to train.

"Sloane, the border on Elmswood had been solidified. The troops are ready and supplied with enough food." Juno tells me and I nod.

"Thanks."

"Hold on." She says and I turn to her.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry, we were wrong about you." She says.

"It's not me you should be apologizing to." I say before going to check in with the others.

"Falconia!" I call after her.

"Yeah kid?"

"I wanted to check in with the sky troops."

"Don't worry the Dragons have taken to the Nixlings just fine. They're fed and all the changelings are ready. They've been doing some extra practice with some of the orcs." She says.

"And the Vadronians?" I ask with a smirk.

"Ready as always." She say and I nod before bumping into Cordelia.

"I know you were looking for me."

"You know everything huh." I say with an eye roll. "So you know what I'm going to ask then?"

"Yes and they're all coming together. Your plan is working." She says but I stop her again.

"Can you...see? If everything is going to work I mean?" I ask and she sighs.

"I... haven't had one concerning this." She says before rubbing my arm and leaving.

I go to find Addy to discuss the book.

"Addy?" I ask startling her.

"Yeah?"

"The book." I say and she hands it to me. "Are you alright? You seem off."

"I'm fine-"

"You're a terrible liar. What's going on?" I ask.

"I read through it Cerise and it seems like every single option you don't make it. I can't let you do it, I already lost my brother I won't lose you too."

.