13-maybe companionship.

Sloane POV

"We're going to help you." Vicconia said.

"What? Why?"

"Because you sound like a true leader, you shouldn't die because your heart is with your people." Isis said. "So listen closely."

"Falconia's a bit rusty. She hasn't picked up a sword in 12 years, that doesn't mean underestimate her obviously because she still holds the title of undefeated swords woman of the seven lands. But because of her time off she will be sloppy and she'll use confidence to mask it."

"If you taunt her enough she can become angry making her moves more uncoordinated than usual. Get inside her head, she's arrogant. If you undermine her, she'll let her pride take the wheel."

"Alright thanks."

Isis quickly handed me her sword as they walked me out.

"Don't die." They said.

I was met with screams as I walked into the arena.

On the other side Falconia appeared and the crowd went even wilder. Some were even flapping their wing. Then soon we all heard the giant screech.

Up on top of the cloud were some dragons. As I spotted them more came into view hovering over the arena. Some even gazing at me.

"Don't get distracted little one, eyes on me." She said.

I soon gripped my sword tighter as I took in her weaponary.

She had a flail with a sword on her hip. I had my sword in my right hand and a long shield in my left.

Before I could process anymore, the arena went quiet and a single dragon roared.

She lunged at me, flail aiming for my head. I used the shield to protect myself and shove her a few feet away. She flipped and landed on her feet before we both charged at each other.

She swung at me again but I crept to the side and sliced her back. The crowd gasped and my stomach dropped.

She threw her helmet off and came at me even harder. She grabbed my shield and forcefully threw it out of my hands.

The sheer force twisted my arm and my left arm was limp. I barely dodged her next attack when I landed on the ground. My sword against her own with her added flail.

I brought my feet closer and kicked her off me. She hurled her flail which caused blood to spill on the side of my head and caused an irritable ring in my ear as well as dizziness.

I could barely see her approaching before numerous screeches from one of her dragons caught everyone's attention. When the cause wasn't found she turned back to me, blood lust in her eyes.

She pounced on me once again, her sword merely inches away from my head. I could hear screaming, I could barely make out Vhaerun and Xamira trying to jump inside and that's when I snapped.

I will not die by some washed up Valkyrie who forgot her morals and friendships and traded it for fear.

And just like that all I felt was heat.

I kicked her off me again and sent her flying into the wall. Before I could continue my thrashing, an earth shattering screech was heard making most of the people fly up in worry.

I caught sight of something falling off the edge and I quickly rushed to catch it.

"Oh no you don't." Falconia had grabbed onto my foot and threw me.

I landed on my feet before staring up at her. Before she could blink I was infront of her and threw her into the otherside of the arena as I flew to catch up with the egg.

.