38. The Title.

Cerise POV

-A month later-

I had shut the doors behind me, letting my entire body ignite as I walked into the halls burning everything in my way.

My sword in my hand going through any and everyone in my way.

I opened the doors to the prayer room, as I glanced at the star in the middle.

"I think I told you I'd be coming back?" I say before screams were heard.

.

"Cerise!" I turn and see Xamira coming down the halls. She stops short when she sees the blood on me.

"I'm not asking, but hurry up. It's going to start soon." She says playfully shoving me in the direction of my room.

I laugh before jogging to my quarters. I quickly hop into the water hole.

"Geez how am I going to style this?" I ask walking out.

"He-woah."

"Maude." I say with a slight smirk.

"I was told to deliver this to your room." She says her hand still covering her eyes.

"Bet you and Stephani had a brawl." I say sitting on my bed. "You know you can open your eyes right? I'm covered." I say watching her remove her hand.

She lets out a breath before looking at me.

"You think you could help with this?" I ask indicating at my hair.

"Sure, but after you get dressed."

"You're no fun." I say going behind my shades and putting on the outfit. "Not too shabby, what do you think?" I ask.

"Stop playing with me." She says and I arch my brow.

"I'm just asking for your opinion." I say sitting back down.

"Well don't."

She takes my hair leaving a few curly strands out in front before making a giant braid in the back. I felt my hair hit my lower back before she began adding to it.

"Is this because of the kiss?" I ask and she stays silent. "I'll take that as a yes."

"She kissed me and I bet it was just a spur of the moment decision. You don't have anything to worry about if you're concerned." I say.

"All done. See you down there."

I catch her at the door.

"Maude."

"The ceremony is starting." She says trying to get out of my grasp.

"Cerise." We both turn to see our friends walking in the hall.

Their eyes fall short of my hand on her wrist. I let it go as we join them. Isis and Varona shoot me looks and I shake my head.

"You guys look good." I say taking a second to admire them.

"And you look amazing." Isis says squeezing my shoulders. "Nervous?" She asks.

"Not really no." I say and the humans walk at a faster pace til their out of sight.

Once that happens they turn on me.

"What was that?" Isis asks.

"Do you have a thing for that human?" Onyx asks disgust very clear in his tone.

"Is there something going on between you two?" Varona asks.

"Alright I'm going to need everyone to calm down and speak one at a time." I say holding my hands up in defeat.

"Are you guys..?" Lotus asks.

"Hey woah. She delivered the suit and she did my hair, but she seemed upset so I asked her if it was about the kiss." I start.

"What did she say?"

"She didn't respond and that's when you saw us by the door. I don't know what to do about it, she seems very hurt by it but I didn't even kiss her." I say as we turn the corner.

"Well of course she's hurt." Lotus says.

"I mean you guys kissed and she clearly is very infatuated with you." Juno says.

"Yeah but this wasn't going to last, they belong to human realm which they're going back to and the chances of Stephani meaning anything by that kiss is nil." I say. "It's like Lotus seeing Vhaerun, it's a school girl crush." I say as the humans turned to us.

"Didn't open?" I ask.

"We couldn't walk in without you." Suki said before looking behind me with a questionable look.

"Don't worry it's just a silly crush." I say before opening the doors.

The two behind me stop their bickering as everyone turns to us. I lead them to the throne where my father, Addy and Cordelia are sat, my father being in the middle and we kneel.

"Today we are here to honour these brave heroes for not only saving me but the seven lands of Morelia. Maude Windsor, Suki Park, Roman Woods, Stephani Gonzalez and Morgan Smith from the human realm have shown exceptional bravery and strength. You are now sworn Knights of Morelia."

"Now to the creatures of the seven lands, Varona Rhodium, Lotus Haystorm, Zephyr Windward, Vicconia and Isis Shadowfern, Juno Sorrin and Onyx Broadlight daughters, sons, attendees and royals from each kingdom showed immense bravery and diligence and for that we are forever in your debt. You are now sworn Knights of Morelia."

"And lastly, Princess Cerise Nightshade of Sakaris, Dragon Rider of Vadronia, The Spirit Sovereign, The Liberator of Lands for your diligence and bravery on the battlefield you are now a sworn Knight and Savior of Morelia." I feel the taps on my shoulders.

"All rise." As I stand he places my crown back on my head and we turn to face the people who all cheer.

.

"That's one heck of a title." I turn and see Maude approaching.

"Oh?" I say as she joins me. "We're back on speaking terms now." I say.

"Look I'm sorry about before, it wasn't you I was angry at." She begins.

"We're not dating, why are you upset? I didn't ask her to kiss me and you know it wouldn't work out. I belong here." I say.

"I know that but I actually liked you, there's alot about you to admire. It wasn't a silly schoolgirl crush." She says. "But I am sorry again for lashing out."

"Relax it's all good, just don't piss your pants." I say before kissing her.

Not long after Dusk appears screeching before I look back.

"Now who wants to ride my dragon?" I ask.

We all hop on as the sun begins to dip into the sky.

"WOOOOOOO."

Dusk lands on the sandy shores and we all camp out as Nightfall approaches.

.